Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me after seeing Jared get his VIN.
5e2p9b.jpg

It really is happening my dudes/dudettes.
Picking up at 1pm on 6/24 (my birthday!) in CO Springs. Sold my car today (cash, $2000 above trade in, 2 hours after posting it) and paid off the whole M3. Updated my insurance. Bought a flight to CO Springs. Got time off work scheduled. 14-50 installed.

All I need as a hotel and then I simply show up. Pretty surreal after all this time!
I feel a little empty - there’s nothing to refresh. No car appraisals to run. No 14-50 to install. No stress. I haven’t felt this calm in weeks.

we are all gonna make it.

Congrats!

I think "ytfsic" and I might be some of the few remaining early April orders without a VIN now.
+1, good thing about that is we pretty much have to be matched/assigned VIN in the next few days if we're going to take delivery and pay by end of month. Glad to see all the wins today even if they were May orders or whatever.

For those who are getting matched with VINs that just rolled off the assembly line: I'd wait like 2 months before you do any waxing, paint correction, paint protection films or other coatings, really anything with the paint until it has had some time to cure in the sun.

Dear friends,

Old Grandfather Time here,
I have news.

I have at long last, been assigned a vin. What I thought would be a glorious day is more of a relief then a celebration. A relief that there is probability of a car being delivered soon. Although with the lack of transparency in production, delivery, and the conflicting information that we are constantly given, I’ll believe it when I see it.
81 days to vin
89 days to scheduled delivery

My delivery date as of today is for the 29th. I mean, I ordered on the first day of the quarter and I’m apparently getting a car on the second to last day of the quarter. With ~185,000 produced cars produced, I’m getting one of the last ones. And I’m thankful to get one this quarter, but a May delivery would have been nice. Or early June. Watching folks who ordered literally months after me getting deliveries in May was a little frustrating. For most of the early 81 days of my EDD-purgatory the EDD gave me a 5/20 – 5/28 date giving a very naive and youthful me a glimmer of hope. Then the containment hold came. Then the confusion about the overloaded holding lots overflowing with cars, no one knowing why or for how long the hold would take, different answers from different SAs… “Surly mine was in there somewhere” I asked an SA, to which she responded, “With that order date, I would think so, but until the hold gets released and the cars start getting loaded, we just don’t know”

…my car was not in the containment hold. My car was born much, much later without ever knowing what a the great 2021Q2 containment hold was. And would be born many generations thereafter without ever knowing that its kind was once greatly equipped with radar. RADAR like what you find on fighter jets and battleships. Alas, It's ancestors used to have dual lumbar support, homelink, and federal rebates… *sigh*

Summer trips have been postponed, work scheduled have been altered, pre-approvals need to get re-pre-approved, trade in need to be reappraised… It will be a relief to get this done with so I can enjoy my car. These are admittedly #firstworldproblems but $50k is not chump change, and for a company who LITERALLY LAUNCHED A CAR TO THE ORBIT OF MARS, might be able to invest in better order tracking. I mean, I can track the GPS of my UPS truck, but 9 to 13 weeks is the best tesla can do? /rant

Things that I have speculated about but can now confirm:
• Order date means nothing except what quarter you may get a delivery.
• EDD is just not accurate. It's still showing 6/20 – 6/25 however scheduled delivery is 6/29

I will keep you all updated with any changes in the pickup and initial inspection and the “touchless delivery” or if I get to meet Andrew.

View attachment 675905
So happy to see this finally happen for you...

I can tell you having just under 1,000 miles on mine now, that the feelings you have been and currently are feeling will not be forgotten by the amazingness of your new car, but they won't matter to you nearly as much once you're on the road.

Tell Renee at Spokane that Jeremy with the Performance says hi on your delivery day :)

Reactions: hcdavis3
+1, good thing about that is we pretty much have to be matched/assigned VIN in the next few days if we're going to take delivery and pay by end of month. Glad to see all the wins today even if they were May orders or whatever.

For those who are getting matched with VINs that just rolled off the assembly line: I'd wait like 2 months before you do any waxing, paint correction, paint protection films or other coatings, really anything with the paint until it has had some time to cure in the sun.
C'mon 4/7 Club! 👍

Reactions: Lazerack
Long time lurker here in the greater Portland area.

Ordered 5/8 MSM Aero LR AWD

I've been working with Sherri as my SA. She's been very responsive and consistently telling me something will happen the last week of June. I was in the store one day late May, and she did show me that I soft matched a VIN with a potential June 22 ship date. I'm sitting at June 25-30 EDD. I've been creeping to the right by one day over the last two weeks.
I don't understand how some SA's can see that people are soft matched to VIN's (back in may) but some SA's say your EDD is the most accurate date. Seems to be a wide variability in how customer oriented some SA's are or are not.