Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1, good thing about that is we pretty much have to be matched/assigned VIN in the next few days if we're going to take delivery and pay by end of month. Glad to see all the wins today even if they were May orders or whatever.

For those who are getting matched with VINs that just rolled off the assembly line: I'd wait like 2 months before you do any waxing, paint correction, paint protection films or other coatings, really anything with the paint until it has had some time to cure in the sun.
Thanks for sharing the tip on the paint correction/wav/protection. Any other good tips/links for maintaining the paint/shine on my car once I get it?

Pickup Saturday! SA at Superior called and said the car arrives Friday, so other Denver peeps may be in the same boat (or train or truck, as the case may be).

I definitely feel some guilt for all the folks still waiting, esp. since I had a relatively short timeframe (looking like 31 days from order). I'm really pulling for you folks — may the algorithm ever be in your favor! They really need to fix their business before the competition comes in...

Hopefully, that train makes a stop in STL with my ride, though I'm not holding my breath...

Reactions: JoJa15
For those that have a VIN already but no contact from SA about delivery times, I would encourage you guys to call the delivery center. I purchase today and literally waited 4 hours and no response from anyone. Called the delivery center and schedule to pick up the car tomorrow. So I guess you'd never know, maybe they already got the car ready!
I called Burbank and told them I have a Vin and wanna schedule pickup. He told me my car just finished being built and it needs time to come down from Fremont. Said he will call me in a few days to schedule pickup. Gonna call in 48 hours to see if it’s arrived yet

Thanks for sharing the tip on the paint correction/wav/protection. Any other good tips/links for maintaining the paint/shine on my car once I get it?
Drive your car pretty slow for the first 2 months. Fresh, un-cured paint and massive EV torque blasting your rocker panels with stone chips = bad combination. Once it cures, go find an authorized XPEL installer and get full (or at least frontal plus rocker panels) paint protection film if you have the budget for it. Frontal and rocker panels seem to run about $2.2k or the full car wrap for around $4.8k. Right after PPF, apply some thin layers of ceramic coating in your garage and that should protect the film for the first few years.

If you decide you don't want to spend thousands to have your depreciating asset wrapped in plastic then I would add the mudflaps for sure. You could still apply the ceramic coating right onto your bare paint in the garage, it'll look great at first but it won't stop chips.

Last but not least, buy a grit guard to put in the bottom of your bucket if you hand wash. This will filter dirt off of your sponge and minimize swirling in your paint's topcoat.

Drive your car pretty slow for the first 2 months. Fresh, un-cured paint and massive EV torque blasting your rocker panels with stone chips = bad combination. Once it cures, go find an authorized XPEL installer and get full (or at least frontal plus rocker panels) paint protection film if you have the budget for it. Frontal and rocker panels seem to run about $2.2k or the full car wrap for around $4.8k. Right after PPF, apply some thin layers of ceramic coating in your garage and that should protect the film for the first few years.

If you decide you don't want to spend thousands to have your depreciating asset wrapped in plastic then I would add the mudflaps for sure. You could still apply the ceramic coating right onto your bare paint in the garage, it'll look great at first but it won't stop chips.

Last but not least, buy a grit guard to put in the bottom of your bucket if you hand wash. This will filter dirt off of your sponge and minimize swirling in your paint's topcoat.
Thanks for the price range. I was quoted $5.5k for the full wrap now I know it’s generally in line. These are great tips!

Reactions: JoJa15