Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I'm going to be hanging out here in the waiting room with you all for a while longer. I was supposed to pick up my car on the 18th but ran into a snag with my tradein. I have an e-tron Sportback that I'm leasing and apparently Audi gives 3rd party dealers a payoff equal to what they think the market value of the car is, not what I actually owe on it. This means Tesla's payoff amount is over $13k more than if I pay it off. So now I have to pay off the last Audi I'll ever own then, when I have the title, take my order off hold. And hope that the trade in amount Tesla offered me doesn't go down.
Just curious what's pushing you away from the e-tron?

We have an Audi e-tron SUV - love it in town, but it is a pig on road trips.
That inefficiency combined with dodgy Electrify America locations pushed us towards Tesla + Superchargers

Have had 3 issues with the Audi in 6 months (wiper, A/C, alarm) - and Carplay flakiness is driving my wife crazy

Another Update:

OD: 11/23
1st EDD: January-February
2nd EDD: 12/13-12-31
3rd EDD: 12/20-12/31
4th EDD: 12/11-12/15
VIN assigned today 12/11
Called Tesla this morning to set a delivery date- while I was on the phone, a local SA for Mt. Kisco called me.
Set Delivery for Monday 12/13 at 4PM at Mt. Kisco Location.
Under 3 weeks from order to delivery..very surprised.

M3LR AWD MSM Black Int. 18" Aero Picking up in Mt. Kisco, NY.

Reactions: EvDoss and EV70
Well...I just woke up to a VIN on car number 2 (OD 12/3), the white one. What to do now? Still waiting on updated EDD on that one. My how things can change in a 12 hour period.
Congratulations. I bet you are beyond excited. Not one but 2. 👍👍
I woke up to my VIN and vision agreements this morning as well.
OD: 11/15
EDD: Dec 25-29th.
Let’s see what date I can get to go pickup. I have a 7 hour drive back to Oklahoma.
Will be flying to St. Louis for pickup.

Reactions: EV70
M3LR Black / Black / 19" / no-FSD

Ordered November 27
Original EDD February
11/28 EDD December 16 - December 31
12/5 EDD December 17 - December 29
12/10 EDD January 24 - February 21 :(

Located in Austin, TX
I’m also in Austin and have been pushed back. But I’m optimistic that Central Texas EDDs will switch back to December soon.

Order Date: 11/5
Original EDD: December 2021
EDD on 11/8: April 14-May 5
EDD on 11/14: December 8-December 31
EDD on 11/23: December 13-27
EDD on 11/27: January 14-February 11
EDD on 12/1: December 19-31
EDD on 12/5: January 14-February 11

I ordered a M3 MSM, FSD, 19", black int on 11/27, located in Chicago northern suburbs

OD: 11/27Initial EDD: 1/23-2/2012/6 updated to 12/18-12/3112/7 narrowed a bit to 12/19-12/29woke up this AM (12/12) for it to be moved back again to 1/28-2/25

I wouldn't be as frustrated if they just left it at the initial EDD, but instead, I started making moves to take delivery early including planning charger install and worst of all selling my car last week (had a good offer I couldn't pass up).

I called Tesla customer service yesterday to confirm and they said they are seeing I should get it by the end of the year on their end... Then woke up today to the brutal news about it getting moved to next year. I'm not planning on qualifying for the 22 tax credit so I'd rather just get the car ASAP.

My question is, is there any hope of the EDD changing to earlier and me getting it by the end of the year?

Cheers!

M3 LR, Red, White seats, 18", No FSD

OD: 11/17

1st EDD: 12/16 - 12/31
2nd EDD (11/25): 12/15 - 12/29
3rd EDD (11/29): February
4th EDD (12/01): 1/15 - 2/12
5th EDD (12/03): 12/21 - 12/31
6th EDD (12/06): 12/19 - 12/25 + Vision + Hidden VIN (2022 Model)
7th EDD (12/12): Text message to confirm delivery day. Delivery day: 12/24

Merry Xmas!

Cincinnati, LR, 18-inch Aero, white ext., black int., no FSD
Paying cash, no trade-in

Order date Nov 9, initial EDD Dec 12 - Dec 31

First movement today (Dec 9): EDD now Jan 16 - Feb 13. No VIN.
That works for me, since I'm still hoping for some Federal tax credit.

Dec 10: EDD changed to Dec 24 - Dec 31.
Dec 12: My Tesla account now has a VIN and a Vision Agreement button (which I did not click).
I contacted Tesla via the Web site chat and told the agent I want to put off delivery for 30 days, just in case Congress does pass some EV tax credits. She said she would have my advisor contact me to go over my options. I also emailed the advisor directly to tell her the same thing.
BTW, the chat agent mentioned that my EDD is not Dec 25 - Dec 29.

Reactions: PeloDaveInKY
I ordered a M3 MSM, FSD, 19", black int on 11/27, located in Chicago northern suburbs

OD: 11/27Initial EDD: 1/23-2/2012/6 updated to 12/18-12/3112/7 narrowed a bit to 12/19-12/29woke up this AM (12/12) for it to be moved back again to 1/28-2/25

I wouldn't be as frustrated if they just left it at the initial EDD, but instead, I started making moves to take delivery early including planning charger install and worst of all selling my car last week (had a good offer I couldn't pass up).

I called Tesla customer service yesterday to confirm and they said they are seeing I should get it by the end of the year on their end... Then woke up today to the brutal news about it getting moved to next year. I'm not planning on qualifying for the 22 tax credit so I'd rather just get the car ASAP.

My question is, is there any hope of the EDD changing to earlier and me getting it by the end of the year?

Cheers!
Curious - are you and the people that are selling your cars privately in states don’t offer a tax advantage for trading in? In Kentucky, I only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade in amount and purchase price. Maybe this isn’t the case when trading into Tesla - if so I may take my CarMax offer that is $600 more than Tesla offered, and just survive on one car until delivery.

Cincinnati, LR, 18-inch Aero, white ext., black int., no FSD
Paying cash, no trade-in

Order date Nov 9, initial EDD Dec 12 - Dec 31

First movement today (Dec 9): EDD now Jan 16 - Feb 13. No VIN.
That works for me, since I'm still hoping for some Federal tax credit.

Dec 10: EDD changed to Dec 24 - Dec 31.
Dec 12: My Tesla account now has a VIN and a Vision Agreement button (which I did not click).
I contacted Tesla via the Web site chat and told the agent I want to put off delivery for 30 days, just in case Congress does pass some EV tax credits. She said she would have my advisor contact me to go over my options. I also emailed the advisor directly to tell her the same thing.
BTW, the chat agent mentioned that my EDD is not Dec 25 - Dec 29.
OOPS -- That should be "now Dec 25 - Dec 29"

Curious - are you and the people that are selling your cars privately in states don’t offer a tax advantage for trading in? In Kentucky, I only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade in amount and purchase price. Maybe this isn’t the case when trading into Tesla - if so I may take my CarMax offer that is $600 more than Tesla offered, and just survive on one car until delivery.
It was a unique situation- I was leasing (so didn't own it outright) a VW before and took it to a dealer they gave me a price I was happy with, the difference of buyout price vs their offer.

Reactions: PeloDaveInKY
Teslas trade in offer on my 2020 SR+ for me was like $33k, sold to Carvana $45.3k

Just curious what's pushing you away from the e-tron?

We have an Audi e-tron SUV - love it in town, but it is a pig on road trips.
That inefficiency combined with dodgy Electrify America locations pushed us towards Tesla + Superchargers

Have had 3 issues with the Audi in 6 months (wiper, A/C, alarm) - and Carplay flakiness is driving my wife crazy
Two things, range and charging network. I do like the e-tron and there are some things I'm really going to miss (ventilated seats during summer, gauge cluster, suv space, etc.).

The e-tron is my only car and when I first got it I lived in California where there's plenty of charging available. Over the summer I moved to New Mexico and there are places I want to go but can't. The combination of range and sparse EA network in the state are a killer. There are no CCS fast chargers on I-25 between Albuquerque and El Paso and at 266 miles it's just impossible in the e-tron. Even Deming is over 230 miles. This makes going to White Sands, for example, impossible without multiple L2 charging stops. Same thing with Carlsbad, it's difficult but doable in a model 3, but basically impossible in the e-tron.

I've really had no problems with my e-tron. If I still lived in California I would be keeping it. It's just not really suitable for a more rural area like New Mexico right now.

Reactions: EvDoss
Hi folks,

My first post, I'm going to be hanging out here in the waiting room with you all for long time from now.

My order M3LR 18'/metalic silver/all black interior

Location - Kansas city, KS

O/D - 12/05/22

First EDD(while booking) - 01/01/22 to 02/01/2022

Second EDD( 12/07/22) - 02/01/2022 to 03/01/2022

I have some questions regarding my booking.

Question 1 - My friend has ordered same trim and color as me on same date car in NJ, and his EDD(01/01/2022-02/01/2022) is different than mine.

So can I change my vechile destination to NJ to pick it up faster?

would there be any delay in my order doing this?also I see that Kansas vechile registration taxes are more higher where NJ has free ev registration

M3 LR, Red, White seats, 18", No FSD

OD: 11/17

1st EDD: 12/16 - 12/31
2nd EDD (11/25): 12/15 - 12/29
3rd EDD (11/29): February
4th EDD (12/01): 1/15 - 2/12
5th EDD (12/03): 12/21 - 12/31
6th EDD (12/06): 12/19 - 12/25 + Vision + Hidden VIN (2022 Model)
7th EDD (12/12): Text message to confirm delivery day. Delivery day: 12/24

Merry Xmas!
That’s great Germ!!! I knew that EDD into Feb wasn’t going to be true… enjoy mate, Merry xMas!!!

Reactions: Germ