Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh totally. I research the BBB throughly yesterday, and while it looks probably that it will be retroactive to earlier this year, I didn’t want to change it. That said, if a 2021 Demo is available within a 3 hour drive on 1/1 or later, I’m calling immediately.
There is zero chance - zero - that they will do a retroactive point-of-purchase refund for people who bought electric cars. The bill is an incentive, and they definitely aren't going to go back and give out checks to people who bought the car prior to the bill going into effect. What's more, it looks dead to me:

Reactions: yale17
There is zero chance - zero - that they will do a retroactive point-of-purchase refund for people who bought electric cars. The bill is an incentive, and they definitely aren't going to go back and give out checks to people who bought the car prior to the bill going into effect. What's more, it looks dead to me:
Bill will pass, in one form or another.
First Senate version had EV incentive retroactively, so there is a chance it could go back to that.
Point of purchase is set to start in 2023 anyways, so retroactive incentive would only affect taxes for 2021.

Overall, no one knows what's going to happen.

Reactions: Paul4343 and EvDoss
Its VIN day for me.

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / Silver / White / Aero / No FSD
1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
2nd EDD: (11/26) 12/15 - 12/31
3nd EDD: (11/30) 1/15 - 2/12/22
4th EDD: (12/3) 12/21 - 12/31

VIN 12/13

With my VIN being assigned this week, I went ahead and called Tesla to see if there's a chance I might be "forced" into accepting delivery before the first of the year. Turns out, my vehicle is being loaded TODAY from Fremont and is due to be delivered to me on the 27th. Spoke to Indianapolis, there's no way they can hold the car long enough to get to Jan 3rd (their first business day after New Years), and being realistic about things, I'll likely need 3-4 more business days after that to get the $ in the right account to be able to pay them.

We decided to boot that VIN from my account and reassign it to the next bellybutton in line. My order is on hold and will be turned back on on Saturday 1/1, and I'll get the next M3LR that matches my configuration that pops up in the queue. Might be right away, might be weeks. Lol.

So, someone in the Midwest who ordered M3LR / Silver / White / Aero / No FSD may be getting their car much, much sooner than anticipated. Hope it's one of you guys. :)

Reactions: EvDoss
With my VIN being assigned this week, I went ahead and called Tesla to see if there's a chance I might be "forced" into accepting delivery before the first of the year. Turns out, my vehicle is being loaded TODAY from Fremont and is due to be delivered to me on the 27th. Spoke to Indianapolis, there's no way they can hold the car long enough to get to Jan 3rd (their first business day after New Years), and being realistic about things, I'll likely need 3-4 more business days after that to get the $ in the right account to be able to pay them.

We decided to boot that VIN from my account and reassign it to the next bellybutton in line. My order is on hold and will be turned back on on Saturday 1/1, and I'll get the next M3LR that matches my configuration that pops up in the queue. Might be right away, might be weeks. Lol.

So, someone in the Midwest who ordered M3LR / Silver / White / Aero / No FSD may be getting their car much, much sooner than anticipated. Hope it's one of you guys. :)

Ugh - my config except white interior. No way in hell I'd have a car with white interior with grubby handed 9 and 4.5 year old boys.

Good luck in the new year, hopefully we will get them fairly close to the beginning of the year :)

Reactions: DrWhoDey
Ugh - my config except white interior. No way in hell I'd have a car with white interior with grubby handed 9 and 4.5 year old boys.

Good luck in the new year, hopefully we will get them fairly close to the beginning of the year :)

Yeah, but I'm honestly not in a hurry. I know Elon will sell me a car, I want the transaction to happen in 2022 to reduce my LTCG liability (which now it will), and if it isn't until mid-February (which was my original EDD), I'm perfectly fine with that. And besides, there's still the BBB/EVTC that's being kicked around, and Tesla won't be in a rush to push a car into my driveway until mid-March when the next accounting quarter starts to draw nigh.

So hopefully, someone who needs/wants their M3LR immediately can capitalize on my situation. I'm just happy to hang out here in the Waiting Room... the hold music is awesome.

Bill will pass, in one form or another.
First Senate version had EV incentive retroactively, so there is a chance it could go back to that.
Point of purchase is set to start in 2023 anyways, so retroactive incentive would only affect taxes for 2021.

Overall, no one knows what's going to happen.
Agree. Senate version of bill has tax incentives for EVs purchased in May 2021 and later by lifting the 200k cap on EV makers. Also agree that this portion of the bill is aggressive and may not pass.

Reactions: Volat
So I decided to refresh my tesla app for the millionth time - nothing. Then I came here, refreshed(for the millionth time) and started catching up on the last posts. Not even a minute into it I get a text. Yeah, you guessed it - "Your VIN is now assigned. Submit proof of insurance....". I went back to tesla app and sure enough I have the Tesla Vision to accept and proceed with delivery. HOLY $#!T !! I honestly thought I'd be the last one in CA to get it being so close to Fremont. No VIN in my account but it appeared in the source page.

I was so close to calling an SA and having a 2021 Demo assigned yesterday. Only reason I didn't is that I was fearful of my wife's wrath if the BBB only includes post 1/1/2022 purchases. My order is for MSM, and there were demos available within a two hour drive of MSM, White, and Red...and the red looked so good it was hard to pass up. Curious to hear what type of shape it is in and how many miles.
Yeah - angry wife ain't good. I'm lucky mine let me get a Model 3 haha. I'll call it good.

Car has just over 760 miles. A few very minor blemishes as expected for something driven. Gaps seems good, maybe a gap on rear taillights but I have to review more. My man gripes are the interior. If I had the time I'd probably call them within the 24 ours to return it but I need a car. I just don't want to pay for a brand new car with used looks on the interior. There are some dirt stains on the fabric sides of the panels between the windows on the driver side and the boot well has a sizeable scratch on the passenger side. I'm not complaining too much because it's got everything else. Wireless charging, USB-C ports present, heated rear seats (middle included), heated steering wheel, etc. Overall the home deliver experience was nice too. I just felt robbed of that first drive - BUT you have to take paperwork to a UPS so I did that to get my first cruise in.

So I decided to refresh my tesla app for the millionth time - nothing. Then I came here, refreshed(for the millionth time) and started catching up on the last posts. Not even a minute into it I get a text. Yeah, you guessed it - "Your VIN is now assigned. Submit proof of insurance....". I went back to tesla app and sure enough I have the Tesla Vision to accept and proceed with delivery. HOLY $#!T !! I honestly thought I'd be the last one in CA to get it being so close to Fremont. No VIN in my account but it appeared in the source page.
Praying we all get an update like that soon for us Cali folks. 🙏

Glad to hear that you were able to get your VIN! No update on my order, still EDD 12/15 to 12/29. But hopefully this means progress for others in CA and I’ll get a VIN/update soon.

Reactions: Kevtlara
I tried entering this cheat code, didn't work, must be regional. :p

Nice! And refreshing my app endlessly....

I'd like to apologize in advance. Please don't hate me but I just got another text
"Tesla Update - Your Tesla is scheduled for a pick-up on Dec 16th at 4550 Fremont Blvd..."
Text received while on the phone with my insurance agent. I haven't even accepted the vision yet, nor paid for it. Perhaps it'll be my xmas gift from Tesla......I wish...
Wow, things are moving FAST⚠️