Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need help. I have a vin it was assigned 2 days ago. Delivery scheduled for March 1 to 4th. I want to delay the delivery/pick up date to around March 15th. Need ideas
Think twice about putting it on hold. They will give it away. I put M3 on hold Dec. 23, just until Jan.1, because I was traveling internationally. The SA assured me that I would NOT go to the back of the line... He was wrong. I still don't have a car nor a Vin, and my awesome financing offer of 1.69% expired last month. Now it's 2.74%. Many January orders have been delivered and I'm still waiting. My guess is you could be delayed 2-3 months if you put it on hold.

Reactions: deltwalrus
VIN assigned today!
M3 LR MSM Black interior 18in Wheels
OD - 1/4/2022
EDD has moved around so much I never kept track - Varied from all of March, to Late March, to Late April-Early May
EDD after VIN assigned - Feb 21 -25

VIN - 181XXX

Now to get financing squared away since I stupidly put in the loan application the day I ordered (they made it seem like you HAD to after ordering). Turns out today is the LAST day before I have to re-apply. Hoping both my bank and Tesla can get this paperwork stuff figured out by today so I won't have to re-apply.

VIN assigned today!
OD - 1/4/2022
EDD has moved around so much I never kept track - Varied from all of March, to Late March, to Late April-Early May

VIN - 181XXX

Now to get financing squared away since I stupidly put in the loan application the day I ordered (they made it seem like you HAD to after ordering). Turns out today is the LAST day before I have to re-apply. Hoping both my bank and Tesla can get this paperwork stuff figured out by today so I won't have to re-apply.
Congrats. Just curious, how did Tesla notify you of the VIN?
I was assigned a VIN and later removed, Tesla called me back to let me know it didn’t pass in the factory inspection back in line for now.
Bummer! Sorry to hear that. I was actually surprised to hear that they do a factory inspection. Isn't that the customer's responsibility? 😉😅

• Funny
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
VIN assigned today!
OD - 1/4/2022

VIN - 181XXX

I order same exact trim on 1/7.

My EDD has stayed steady. 3/17-3/31 then 3/1-3/29 and now it's at 3/5-3/19.

Hoping to hear something soon.

Reactions: Misslove_143
Congrats. Just curious, how did Tesla notify you of the VIN?

Bummer! Sorry to hear that. I was actually surprised to hear that they do a factory inspection. Isn't that the customer's responsibility? 😉😅
I am actually curious to how they assign VIN numbers in the factory. Feels like the car should be passed after production before being assigned to a VIN. Instead they assigned a VIN to me and then a day later say it didn’t pass inspection. Unless the car crashed or got damaged loading on to the train lol

Reactions: Misslove_143
That’s really weird.

Order date 1/13/22 - Location Orlando

Hey! I also live in Orlando.
Place order 1/13/22
M3LR, MSM, Black, No FSD, Aero wheels.

Got my VIN today!
EDD 3/7 - 3/11

Confirm with my advisor: Lithium Ion low voltage battery, heated wiper park, AMD processor, and supposedly upgraded sound system due to new cpu?
I think the "upgraded" sound system is referring to the removal of one of the speakers.

• Funny
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Seems like a lot of early Jan orders are getting VINs on the mid-east coast. Hoping to get VIN soon, but seems like it will get pushed back on monday

OD 1/7/2022 M3 LR MSM/Black/Aero/no fsd
1/8: March 10-31
1/12: Feb 24 - Mar 24
2/1: Feb 10 - Mar 10
2/11: Feb 24 - Mar 24
2/14: Feb 17 - Mar 3
2/18: Feb 20 - Mar 2

Will likely need to reject vin, put order on hold until you’re ready then, hopefully will have new vin assigned shortly after.
If was thinking of rejecting the vin since this will be my first one but I’m afraid they will assign another one with 24-48 hours. Maybe I can put it on hold for 2 weeks only. It silly to beg/work around car company like this same goes for ICE dealers. I hope thing can get back to normal before this becomes our new normal. Thx everyone

First time posting here, thought I'd add my data points!

Order Date: 12/30/21
Config: M3 LR Blue/Black/Aero Wheels, no FSD
Original EDD at order: March 2022
EDD 1 (updated 1/1/22): 2/12 - 3/12
EDD 2 (updated 2/13/22): 2/18 - 3/4

Still no VIN assigned, checking (multiple times per day) on both mobile and account page (w/ Chrome extension). The anticipation is killing me, I honestly haven't felt this excited considering this is my first new car and seeing all the recent graduates from this forum 😁

One interesting thing that happened though was that I got the trade-in text on 2/4, I guess how it was worded didn't warrant a response so I didn't reply. I got a voicemail from Tesla on 2/15 saying that they needed "additional information", called them back and guess it was just them trying to reach out to me about the trade-in, which I confirmed with them that I don't. They said other than that "everything should be set" but that "they have no further information" on the dates.

Since I am considering doing a loan through DCU, considering the timing and updates, should I start on the application process soon? I have my payment method set as cash as the SA had recommended (since I wasn't sure at the time what I wanted to do), but also seeing the potential for delays (especially for the blue exterior), I also don't want to get an approval too early on and have it expire (and redo the app/get another credit pull) if the EDD gets pushed back. Any advice (or DCU referrals) would be appreciated!
Woke up to a 180xxx VIN and one week window on the app this morning!!

Order Date: 12/30/21
Config: M3 LR Blue/Black/Aero Wheels, no FSD
Original EDD at order: March 2022
EDD 1 (updated 1/1/22): 2/12 - 3/12
EDD 2 (updated 2/13/22): 2/18 - 3/4
VIN Assigned: 2/19 (180xxx)
EDD 3 (updated 2/19/22): 2/20 - 2/26

Going through insurance quotes right now and sounds like Tesla was able to still comfortably beat AAA which I'm already receiving (I'm guessing significant) loyalty discounts for, since several of the other insurers like Farmers, State Farm, and Allstate were almost quoting double for my current policy. So close to the finish line now!!