Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, it’s 5/3-5/30. I said I was going to check the app less often after the reality check from SA this morning that there are zero cars en route to the SE (except Florida), but I couldn’t help but check the app…old habits die hard…Good luck!
Hate to tell your SA this but he's wrong. My car is arriving this week in Knoxville and at least 4 other people I know of has cars arriving either there or Nashville as well this week or next.

SE is getting Tesla's also it just appears that way because they arent reporting about it on a forum. Now I will agree that if you was going to get your car this quarter and in the SE you probably would already have a VIN because of the length of time to get it to the SE from Fremont.

Reactions: TeslianInNC
I ordered on 3/12/22 with original EDD of 6/15 - 7/14. This has now updated to 5/31 - 7/12.

I ordered prior to the $2k price increase. If I change the color of my car, will I have to incur this increase (plus the paint cost difference)? I asked the SA and they said no, but I've read others state that they did see an increase.

I ordered on 3/12/22 with original EDD of 6/15 - 7/14. This has now updated to 5/31 - 7/12.

I ordered prior to the $2k price increase. If I change the color of my car, will I have to incur this increase (plus the paint cost difference)? I asked the SA and they said no, but I've read others state that they did see an increase.
I've seen that question answered both ways as well. It seems to me that if your SA tells you that you won't be charged then Tesla would have to honor what you were told. Not that I would want to take that chance!

Hate to tell your SA this but he's wrong. My car is arriving this week in Knoxville and at least 4 other people I know of has cars arriving either there or Nashville as well this week or next.

SE is getting Tesla's also it just appears that way because they arent reporting about it on a forum. Now I will agree that if you was going to get your car this quarter and in the SE you probably would already have a VIN because of the length of time to get it to the SE from Fremont.
Congrats to you! It gives me hope that the SA is wrong. Ha! Just zero love for NC, I guess. When was your OD?

If you ordered prior to the $2k increase, I am 99% sure that you will not incur the increase for changing your current order color.

I ordered prior to the $2k increase as well. In the timespan between then and just a week ago, I've changed from M3 RWD black interior, to white interior, back to black interior, and then to LR. Some of these changes occurred AFTER the $2k increase was announced, but my price for the full "menu" of model 3 options when I want to change something is still showing prices as of when I initially ordered it.

Explanation to me by SA is that if there are additional features announced in conjunction with price increase, then changing options for your current order will trigger the price increase. If it is pure price increase by Tesla without any added feature, then you get to retain the menu prices as of your original order date. Since this $2k increase seems to be purely market price adjustments without any features added, I got to keep my prices as of end of Feb when I initially ordered.

There is also a way to verify whether you would incur price changes prior to confirming your change. If you haven't completed the financing details in your tasks, there is a link on the right hand side of your order page to "edit order". Clicking that will allow you re-order your Model 3 with the options that you want. There you will be shown the prices that apply to you. You will see what you will be charged. If you like what you see, at the bottom of the page there will a button to confirm your changes, if not, there is another button to discard your changes. This way you can be sure what you will be charged when you change your order.

If you already completed the financing task, just text the online SA to "re-open" the financing options, and you will see the edit order button.

Hope this helps

I thought the VINs were assigned once the cars make if off the production line? Then your EDD is readjusted to account for shipping. I didn't think they assigned VINs after they're delivered to the local service center.

Since many people ask this question, here's a good article

Tesla customers can now change their configuration and maintain their original price [US only]​

Just curious, is there carvana around your area? Carvana is offering to take my current ride at kbb private party value while dealerships that I've been talking to is low balling me about 4 grand less.

Yes, the caravana tower or whatever is 5 mins from where I live. But Carvana was offering me $3500 less than what the dealership offered. Carmax was $500 less than the dealership.

Yes, the caravana tower or whatever is 5 mins from where I live. But Carvana was offering me $3500 less than what the dealership offered. Carmax was $500 less than the dealership.
I have some small damage to the front of my current car and CarMax laughed and said it was no issue and gave the highest offer. The dealer wanted the car but because of the supply line issues, he couldn't get it fixed for several months and couldn't afford for it to sit. Carvana was $1500 less than CarMax. My problem is I need to sell the car now and as we all know there is no guarantee as to when a Tesla will be delivered.

Reactions: Ajlepore