Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR, White, Black, 18" wheels
OD: 3/9
5/28-6/25
today 5/13-6/17

Just been 2 weeks since ordering, but price has increased $3500 since then, so I am pretty happy about that.
Supposed to leave for summer in MN on May 22, hoping it is possible to take delivery by then.
Wow ! same specs here verbatin in South Fla, ordered on 2/17 and EDD is 6/9-7/6. Sucks to be me. Where is yours being delivered ?

Does anyone know how I can change from LR to Performance while keeping the original price?
From my understanding, all you have to is text your SA and make the request. There will be no price increase there hasn't been any new features that have been added to the car in the last couple of weeks. There was also some article that was posted where is stated that there is no price increase if you change your configuration (US only).

From my understanding, all you have to is text your SA and make the request. There will be no price increase there hasn't been any new features that have been added to the car in the last couple of weeks. There was also some article that was posted where is stated that there is no price increase if you change your configuration (US only).

SA said it will be the current pricing. I even 1-888 Tesla said the same thing.

Reactions: Junior86
We are of the same mind on this. You obviously picked up at Tyson's Corner. The cars are really wedged in there. Did you notice that there are another 20 or so inside the building, all packed in bumper to bumper? Probably more are somewhere else nearby. I suspect that the cars are being delivered pristine, but that the guys moving the cars around at the sales office are pretty likely to ding, rub or dent something every now and again - including the smudges on the interior of my car. Be sure to look for those on the fabric near your driver's seat.

I think the gal there is Kristin or Kristy (names...), and she was absolutely great. When I had to go to the bank to get my cashier's check, she offered to Uber me over and back. So I think the intent is to get Tesla up to really first rate service, but they're struggling against the tide of buyers and the need to move so many cars.

Congratulations on that beautiful car. You chose the correct color.

A reminder to folks that it really helps if you put a description of your order and date history in your forum signature. You won't be able to do that right away, but give it a few days and/or a few posts and then you will. When available, you can get to the option by clicking on your name at the top of the page, then clicking on the silhouette-gear icon, then clicking on Signature. Then type in your information and click on Save. Update as often as you have more information to share.
I agree that the signature helps cut down all the same questions a lot. I will add that you can’t view signatures if you are reading this forum on the phone (I’m using iPhone) if you are holding it vertically. Rotating it horizontally, I could see everyone’s signature. Took me a while to figure that out. 😝

How accommodating is Tesla to delivery requests? Normally when I get new cars, I ask them to not wash/detail the cars (don't want swirls), and to not install the front plate as to avoid having holes on the bumper (will be using a bracket). Would they allow that?

So, you're going to get two before some people get one and they ordered before your first one? If I were you I would quietly slip away from the forum. 🤣
If that's how you want to look at it, sure. Giving insight on an EDD based on location, supply, and demand is what the Tesla rep told me. No, I haven't received my second one before some people ordering their first. That's an assumption you made. EDD's change all the time. Who knows when you'll get yours.

Graduation day has been postponed :

OD : 02/17 M3 LR AWD/MSM/ Aero 18/ Black interior and no fsd
EDD1 (02/17) : May/june
EDD2 (02/27) : April 5th / May 3rd
EDD3 (03/02) : March 17 / March 31st
EDD4 (03/08) : May 10th / June 7th
EDD5 (03/22) : VIN and DD 03/26 @4pm (33 days)
EDD6 (03/22) : DD changed to 03/29 @12pm

The car is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and my SA told me to give a call back tomorrow to see if they can try to put on a delivery for saturday. Otherwise I can still wait 3 extra days at this point. But can't wait anyway to put my hands on my new car :)

How accommodating is Tesla to delivery requests? Normally when I get new cars, I ask them to not wash/detail the cars (don't want swirls), and to not install the front plate as to avoid having holes on the bumper (will be using a bracket). Would they allow that?
I'm in a state that requires a front plate and they did not install the front plate holder. It was sitting in the trunk.

I can't imagine Tesla going and ruining the car's finish given how finicky people are about paint protection and such. They'd get murdelized.

But ultimately the answer to all "What If" questions that people ask here is to talk to your SA. They know for sure what can and cannot be done. Just text them, resume your day, and look for an answer in a couple hours.

I'm in a state that requires a front plate and they did not install the front plate holder. It was sitting in the trunk.

I can't imagine Tesla going and ruining the car's finish given how finicky people are about paint protection and such. They'd get murdelized.

But ultimately the answer to all "What If" questions that people ask here is to talk to your SA. They know for sure what can and cannot be done. Just text them, resume your day, and look for an answer in a couple hours.
i think the front plate holder is double sided tape

Reactions: JB47394
Graduation day has been postponed :

OD : 02/17 M3 LR AWD/MSM/ Aero 18/ Black interior and no fsd
EDD1 (02/17) : May/june
EDD2 (02/27) : April 5th / May 3rd
EDD3 (03/02) : March 17 / March 31st
EDD4 (03/08) : May 10th / June 7th
EDD5 (03/22) : VIN and DD 03/26 @4pm (33 days)
EDD6 (03/22) : DD changed to 03/29 @12pm

The car is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and my SA told me to give a call back tomorrow to see if they can try to put on a delivery for saturday. Otherwise I can still wait 3 extra days at this point. But can't wait anyway to put my hands on my new car :)
There is hope, my OD was 2/17 as well with an EDD of 6//9-7/6 still at this point. Body color white only diff.

Good to know that the front plate isn't attached automatically.

I know the canned answer would be to check with the SA, but just wondering what other's experience with delivery requests has been.

If that's how you want to look at it, sure. Giving insight on an EDD based on location, supply, and demand is what the Tesla rep told me. No, I haven't received my second one before some people ordering their first. That's an assumption you made. EDD's change all the time. Who knows when you'll get yours.
It was a joke, notice the little emoji?