Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll be there this afternoon to get mine. I’ll post an update once i pick it up. NEMA 14-50 goes in at 11 this morning. Cutting it close!
I'm ready to go as well! Just need the car to go with it. 😀

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 10.58.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 10.58.43 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 179
Reactions: Junior86
I'm ready to go as well! Just need the car to go with it. 😀
I need to make up my mind on how I'm going to go with charging. My electric company provides a $500 rebate for the Tesla charger so it seems like a no-brainer but there is a good chance I'll be moving in 4-5 months and I'm not sure it makes sense for me to pay for the install now.

I need to make up my mind on how I'm going to go with charging. My electric company provides a $500 rebate for the Tesla charger so it seems like a no-brainer but there is a good chance I'll be moving in 4-5 months and I'm not sure it makes sense for me to pay for the install now.
Pay for it and take it with you when you leave. There's no reason why you should leave it behind when you move. Unless the buyer negotiates it into the price of the home.

I wish my electric supplier gave a rebate. Living in Ohio, there's no incentives to go electric at all. Duke Energy doesn't offer anything. In fact they can't even tell me how much I pay per kWh. When I called to find out they said it varies. I asked if that means it varies from day to day, month to month or year to year and the rep said she doesn't know. She's just told to say it varies. I'm not sure if it's like this in other states but all EV's in Ohio are hit with an extra flat $200 fee to register our vehicles on top of regular yearly registration fees for stickers. I get that we have to pay our share of road usage like others but $200 for some is excessive and others is too little. I'm sure there will be software built into all EV's eventually that meters our charges and taxes that.

Reactions: Junior86
Fortunately I only have to drive about 40 minutes to pick mine up. I’m really not sure what to expect. I watched a video of a woman taking delivery from a dealership. She didn’t interact with anyone from the dealership. She found her car. Did a walk around inspecting it and then she accepted the terms and her doors unlocked.

I’m used to going into the finance office. Being offered gap protection, extended warranties and putting in an hour and a half trying to get my car. Is it really that easy? Will I really not interact with anyone from the dealership? No offer of extended warranty or gap?
Unfortunately most of those warranties are how F&I guys make their nut on the backend. If they can't do that they'll work with the salesman on your "payments" vs overall cost so they can float your interest rate higher than what it would be if you went to a financial institution yourself. Little tricks of the trade to make an extra dollar off you. I have to say I'd much prefer this method over that.

Reactions: Cincybearcatfa
Pay for it and take it with you when you leave. There's no reason why you should leave it behind when you move. Unless the buyer negotiates it into the price of the home.

I wish my electric supplier gave a rebate. Living in Ohio, there's no incentives to go electric at all. Duke Energy doesn't offer anything. In fact they can't even tell me how much I pay per kWh. When I called to find out they said it varies. I asked if that means it varies from day to day, month to month or year to year and the rep said she doesn't know. She's just told to say it varies. I'm not sure if it's like this in other states but all EV's in Ohio are hit with an extra flat $200 fee to register our vehicles on top of regular yearly registration fees for stickers. I get that we have to pay our share of road usage like others but $200 for some is excessive and others is too little. I'm sure there will be software built into all EV's eventually that meters our charges and taxes that.
I meant to mention that when we move we'll be going over to the beach to our condo so the charger can't go with us, of course, we could possibly sell it. I was actually in the process yesterday of buying the charger and realized I couldn't apply for the rebate until I have the registration for the car. I'll likely still do it in the coming weeks so I can have it installed before the car arrives.

Reactions: Cincybearcatfa
A month passed without even a single update!
2 weeks here and nothing. I called Tesla last night when I saw my configuration available in Hawaii to see about shipping it here (they won’t). I asked him about what my SA mentioned regarding the red white combo historically being the front of the line and he said the same goes with blue.

From a production and earnings stand point, I guess it does seem to make sense to produce the smaller number of higher margin vehicles out first so they can slam out as many of the standard offerings at the end of the quarter.

I wasn’t paying too much attention to what they pushed out at the end of thismlast quarter so I could be completely wrong.

Anyway, that was a lot of words to explain why I think we haven’t seen any movement.

Reactions: Mohammadm
Good Day folks, Has anyone tried using the browser extension called Distill . io watchlist ? It will monitor your tesla account page for a change and alert you via an email, or audible chime. Might help with cutting down on some of the phone checkings if you are on your computer mostly. Also, I am in no way affiliated with this application/extension. Only wanted to see if any of you in the waiting room went as far as something like this to monitor your status.

Good Day folks, Has anyone tried using the browser extension called Distill . io watchlist ? It will monitor your tesla account page for a change and alert you via an email, or audible chime. Might help with cutting down on some of the phone checkings if you are on your computer mostly. Also, I am in no way affiliated with this application/extension. Only wanted to see if any of you in the waiting room went as far as something like this to monitor your status.
There is a google chrome extension called tesla vin finder which i heard also works well. Whenever you are logged into your account using a desktop computer, it will show if you have a vin or not. Other way is by going into the source code too.

I am feeling so antsy today. 21 days ago I went into my local Tesla shop. tossed and turned on the colors. Drove home and placed my order.

Like so many of us, I am feeling that excitement and impatience that I want to experience the joy of driving out of the lot. Alas, I wait and no updates.

Question - I have see a couple people post that they had painted door jams. Is this a new thing, that Tesla is starting to paint them now?

Question - I have see a couple people post that they had painted door jams. Is this a new thing, that Tesla is starting to paint them now?
This had come up before and I forgot to even check mine. I just went out and looked. The jambs are painted with the body color - except for a section about an inch or two on the exterior side of the jamb on the front doors. It's still been hit by overspray so it's kinda painted, but by looking closely I could tell that it's not completely covered. That said, I had to look hard at it to see how much coverage was there. Some car colors may contrast with the undercoat better than the blue I have.

It's easy for me to ignore. I didn't even try to take a picture of it because it's such a difficult thing to see. Would I prefer that it was painted? Considering the price of the car it would be a nice point of quality. But I don't feel slighted for the lack of coverage.

There is a google chrome extension called tesla vin finder which i heard also works well. Whenever you are logged into your account using a desktop computer, it will show if you have a vin or not. Other way is by going into the source code too.
Yeah, I have seen that one. I'm not sure I am trusting that method by looking at the source code. The extension I am referring to also looks at the EDD text and will alert you if it changes. I'm just trying to come up with a way I don't have to keep looking myself. Why doesn't Tesla just simply set up an alert when the EDD Changes! Maybe it does?

Tesla remains Tesla even after you get the car. I had a ding in the roof trim (dime sized) and a misalignment in a roof panel (a few mm), so I scheduled an appointment to sort those out. I set up the appointment a week ago and it was for tomorrow morning. I just got an email that they had rescheduled me.

For April 26.

I don't think they're too interested in dealing with little problems right now.

Edit: The explanation was that their body shop contractor was full up and couldn't do anything for a while. Perhaps they have lots of vehicles with little glitches and such.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Yeah, I have seen that one. I'm not sure I am trusting that method by looking at the source code. The extension I am referring to also looks at the EDD text and will alert you if it changes. I'm just trying to come up with a way I don't have to keep looking myself. Why doesn't Tesla just simply set up an alert when the EDD Changes! Maybe it does?
That would be nice like even a notification from the app or something. I keep checking every day its driving me crazy.