Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm gutted. My EDD of 4/11 - 4/25 is no more. I woke up to my SEVENTH EDD today. Not only has it been pushed out a month, but it is also back up to a month window.
So, for now, my SEVENTH EDD stands at May 9 - June 13.
Doesn't this just validate the statement to always go with what your original EDD was? It's looking like smack dab in the middle of yours is when your original EDD was. Now looking back on it what good was it for you to get all excited over an April edd ?

I've been assigned a VIN after getting pushed from 4/18-5/16 to 5/9-6/13 :)

Original OD: 2/22; White with black interior, 18 aeros and no FSD; Norcal- Bay Area
This sure does look promising. @chunkylover78 We had the same EDD and dang near identical OD and i'm in Whackramento. Like what @T-J- said it might be a cancelation but shoot we've seen some miraculous things happen. Congrats!

Same config with OD of 2/15 in Central FL. My date just updated to 5/15 - 6/12 from 4/27 - 6/1. It looks like your VIN was assigned 30 days out so hopefully other mid Feb ODs will be hearing something soon.
His edd changed for the worse in the morning but then got assigned a vin that night. So it appears that morning change is irrelevant. I think looking at his previous edd is smarter. I’m seeing VIN assignments around 3-11 days bf our earliest edd date I’m curious if that’s true for ~90% of deliveries 🤔

This really scares me now considering your southeast location and my observations on this site.
It's so difficult to tell with what little we know. Personally, I think it has a lot to do with your exact order. If you chose a specific exterior and interior color that is often produced then you would have a better chance of early delivery.

Reactions: phishphan
I contacted my SA about whether EDDs were automated or based on an SAs instincts and this was the reply.

"All ETAs come from HQ. We have no insight into or influence over those dates. I see vehicles arrive on time, several months after the ETA, and often several months prior to the ETA. It's just their best guestimate, but sometimes vehicles become available sooner, or suppliers may be delayed causing ETAs to shift back. The VIN assignment is the most vital part of the process. From the time of VIN assignment, delivery timing is straight forward as it's simply a matter of transport. Sometimes transporters get delayed (especially in winter with unexpected weather), but otherwise delivery is normally 2-3 weeks from the time of VIN assignment, sometimes quicker if the vehicle is closer or on site already."

This was in the form of a text, so my SA is particularly awesome, having typed all that in.

So all the jumping around may correlate with some feature that was chosen in somebody's configuration and Tesla is just low on the parts that go into that feature. Unexpectedly low on 19" wheels? Tell all the 19" wheel people that their order is going to be delayed a month, a week, or whatever. A shipment of white interiors finally came in? Tell all the white interior people that their order is going to be accelerated a month, a week, or whatever (i.e. is back on track). So the EDD randomness may simply be because they don't control their suppliers, and we all know how supply chains are messed up.