Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a June 11 - July 23 EDD. This is my thought process right now: I may be in luck and get delivery before the end of Q2, which would be awesome. And I'm sure Tesla will have a push for deliveries, as they always do, by then end of the quarter. However, if I don't get my vehicle before June 30, then I am almost certain that my EDD will get pushed and be after the July 23 date...likely into August. That's how I'm looking at it since I'm straddling the Q2/Q3 date range.

FYI...I have M3LR, MSM, Black interior, Aero, No FSD with a 3/24 OD, Chicago delivery

I hope there's no change for you, I hope my date pushes up. I'm selling my old car private and have someone lined up for it. I'm just waiting for Tesla to give me a VIN

I was going to sell my car privately but realized the Tesla invoice is slightly misleading - might be a Canadian thing. Tesla gave me a 17500 trade in value for my current car and it appears to come off the total (after tax) price. In Canada, the trade in value is usually deducted from the new vehicle price, and so you save a bit on the new car sales tax as well.

With the way tesla did their invoice, because the 17500 comes off the total after tax price, I assumed the trade in was 17500 with the tax savings - bummer. Well, it wasn’t until I looked through the invoice again and realized the sales tax line didn’t add up - it was too low. I realize they did in fact calculate the new car tax minus my trade in value.

So, all this time I thought I was getting $17500 but was in fact getting 17500+13% tax = 19775 in value. At this value, it wasn’t worth the hassle to sell privately.

Hello all, first post here. I origianlly ordered a M3RWD on 1/18/22. The EDD was June and then moved all of the place but ended up in July/August. I read that adding FSD would move my EDD up so I added it on 3/22. It moved the delivery date up to April 27-May 11.

However, this morning, my EDD changed to May 11- May 25. Given everything I saw in the RWD waiting room regarding very long wait times and the fact that I had been second-guessing my LFP vs LR decision, I went over to the local Tesla showroom this morning and asked that they allow me to edit my order. I am now expecting delivery of a M3LR, Red/Black, 18” wheels, no FSD between 5/11 and 5/25. The pricing was the same as if I had placed this order on 1/18.

I am not sure what the person I worked with could see on her computer screen, but she seemed fairly confident that I should expect delivery in May. She also indicated that they would be getting demo cars this month and set me up an appointment for an overnight demo of a M3LR so that I can get used to it before delivery.
That is awesome that they set you up with an overnight demo. I signed up for a test drive 3 weeks ago and was told that they only had MY available for the test drive. I went ahead and did the test drive yesterday and it was awesome! The MY has poor rearward visibility IMO, but I liked the sitting height and space available.

Two questions:
1) Is this common to get an overnight demo, I assume working with the employees at the delivery center is the optimum way to make that happen?

2) What do you all think of the rearward visibility & sitting height on the M3 vs the MY if anyone has experience?

That is awesome that they set you up with an overnight demo. I signed up for a test drive 3 weeks ago and was told that they only had MY available for the test drive. I went ahead and did the test drive yesterday and it was awesome! The MY has poor rearward visibility IMO, but I liked the sitting height and space available.

Two questions:
1) Is this common to get an overnight demo, I assume working with the employees at the delivery center is the optimum way to make that happen?

2) What do you all think of the rearward visibility & sitting height on the M3 vs the MY if anyone has experience?
Back in February, before we ordered our car, we were given an overnight demo as well. They just asked us to bring it back by noon and that it was speed restricted to 80mph.

Reactions: EdgeM3LR
Oh YEAH !!! I got the similar update too... (in fact I checked my app after seeing your post and just this morning the EDD range shrunk to 2 week window.
Lets see how it goes. I will be picking up at Mt.Kisco, NY.

EDD: 5/4 - 6/1 to 5/2 - 5/16
Mt Kisco bro here too. OD 02/19. Still stuck at 05/10 to 06/07. Hopefully they push mine with you too.
We have the same specs too red/black/18inch. :)

Reactions: Skay

Two questions:

I've only test drove the M3 (once the Performance, and once the LR), so I can't talk for the MY. I had a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution for almost 11 years before ordering my M3LR. I will say the rearward visibility is way better in the M3 than it ever was in my EVO (with that fat wing literally sitting right in the middle of the rear windshield). I'm not sure if that really helps, but I certainly didn't notice any issues.

Reactions: EdgeM3LR
Today is my 9th weekaversary with no EDD updates in the last 8 of those weeks. Not that anyone cares, but man, this is painful! It's like the longer you wait, the slower time goes by. 😅
Agreed!
Looking at your EDD, it probably isn't moving because it's actually pretty accurate based on everything that's being said around here.
We're getting there...just slow...painfully slow!

Reactions: PinSeeker