Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two things:

1. I entered my EDD window of 4/17 - 5/15 yesterday and woke up today to see it down to 4/28 - 5/13. I will take it!!! 🥹

And 2. Remember there are forums on here to talk about accessories and, like, chargergate or whatever.. And just my $.02, but I bet the person getting angry about chargers would’ve also gotten angry for getting a Ryzen chip or chrome delete that wasn’t “as advertised” like come on.. you’re buying a 60k car from a company KNOWN for doing mid-cycle refreshes. Grow up.

M3LR | blue | blk | aero | no FSD | OD: 1/27/22

Two things:

1. I entered my EDD window of 4/17 - 5/15 yesterday and woke up today to see it down to 4/28 - 5/13. I will take it!!! 🥹

And 2. Remember there are forums on here to talk about accessories and, like, chargergate or whatever.. And just my $.02, but I bet the person getting angry about chargers would’ve also gotten angry for getting a Ryzen chip or chrome delete that wasn’t “as advertised” like come on.. you’re buying a 60k car from a company KNOWN for doing mid-cycle refreshes. Grow up.

Well said, Sir. It's getting pretty old. Sounds like your nearing the light at the end of the tunnel!

When was that update??

Mine is getting near delivery date, basically a 2 week window from today, May 2 to June 6

Yall think I get my VIN soon?

OD was 3/12 white ext/ white int/ Aero/ Ca
Wow, that is close to mine.
OD 2/20 grey/blk/blk/so cal
EDD: May 3-June 7
I probably check 10 times a day hoping it doesn't get pushed back because the original EDD was April 22- May 20
I can't wait until we can all look past this and enjoy our ride and not pay 96.00 a tank at 5.85 a gallon. [Yes, so cal prices] So glad I ordered one when I did

Reactions: T-J-
Tesla only calls it a “mobile” connector so people like you feel justified in paying for the “wall” connector that Tesla conveniently sells. There are plenty of non Tesla wall mounted (ie not portable) EVSEs with a plug and not hardwired. Just because it has a plug and you can easily pack it up doesn’t mean you’re only supposed to use it while away from home.

It’s not a matter of affording the wall connector or not, but for many people it’s a wasted/unnecessary expense when it would provide little to no practical benefit over the UMC. If you like to throw money away then that’s your prerogative, but just because you can afford to doesn’t mean you should spend more money than necessary.

You act like buying a $60k car is a flex and means you’re rich. Now $60k is not cheap by any means and is above what a lot of people can afford, but it’s not much of a flex either. The Model 3 is the bottom of the Tesla lineup. Lots of people are actually stretching their budget (probably more than they should) just to be able to get into a Tesla. So a $500 wall connector plus professional installation which can easily run $1000+ is a big expense. And it’s not an expense that can be rolled into the financing for the car so you would have to pay that up front. That’s likely 2 car payments for some.
Also not only do many such as myself use the mobile for our daily at-home charging needs, but we also need it when we stay at friends or families houses. So essentially I need both according to Elon, and that’s not happening. I can understand paying for one but not both.

Please just cancel then if you can't handle a minor change, SA's don't get paid enough to deal with that BS. Care to enlighten us why you're unable/unwilling to use the Supercharger network?
Not spending unnecessary money at a supercharger when I bought it to charge at home. The supercharger is only for long trips. You know better than this man! Also not good for the car.

Two things:

Really getting tired of people comparing positive changes to negative changes 😂 That’s the most idiotic comparison anyone can make.

I'll join in with @MADevarenne and others in inviting folks to move the debate about connectors to the thread that exists for that purpose.
I keep getting notifications about new posts here and check to see what EDD movements have taken place only to see complaints about the charger. Getting old. There's plenty of options available on Amazon that you can have delivered to your home this week if you really have to have the level 1 charger that's no longer included with the car. It sucks. Whining won't make it better. Suck it up.... or cry on the dedicated thread please

I keep getting notifications about new posts here and check to see what EDD movements have taken place only to see complaints about the charger. Getting old. There's plenty of options available on Amazon that you can have delivered to your home this week if you really have to have the level 1 charger that's no longer included with the car. It sucks. Whining won't make it better. Suck it up.... or cry on the dedicated thread please
This thread is a “lounge” of sorts to discuss anything and everything relating to ordering and waiting for the car. The mobile connector being included or not is a big issue regarding ordering the car currently that people are seeking clarification on. If the mods don’t have an issue with it being discussed here then you have no authority to tell people what they can post in here, so just turn off notifications for this thread for a couple weeks if it bothers you. Suck it up or cry.

Where my Mt Kisco peeps at. Any updates on your EDD?
Been lurking on the forum for awhile. LR, MSM, black interior, no FSD. I ordered 3/18 when the website said May delivery. I’m not sure where all the past EDD’s are listed. My initial one was July-September, then went June -July. Unfortunately Saturday it slipped to July 23- September 3. I hate this!!! Lol

So in anyone's experience is this just like an automated deal or does this mean something?
1650300340730.png

Attachments

• 1650300259472.png
    1650300259472.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 50
Damn. Somebody mentioned yesterday white interiors were getting pushed out but this is the first I’ve seen it. Not saying that’s why yours got pushed back but your order date, colors, wheels and location makes me think you should be getting your car sooner.
I was the one mentioning white int is backed up -- and looks like 19inch is too

But there are anecdotes of aero-wheel being backed up as well - so well everything is backed up now. Wouldn't be surprised if they start shipping cars without wheels now because Elon's "statistics show wheels are rarely used in cars"