Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Find an insurance broker. They will shop for you and beat all of the big national chains by more than $100 a month in most cases. I’ve done it for almost 30 years and never had issue with these smaller insurance companies.
Interesting ... I've never thought of insurance brokers. Is there any specific broker that you would recommend?

$500 in maintenance every 2 years is nothing compared to having to do oil changes every 3k miles and all the other typical maintenance for an ICE car. Especially when you compare what it costs for maintenance on something like a Lexus or BWM that's in the same price range. My Lexus takes synthentic oil and it's at least $100 for every oil change. A routine maintenance trip was probably $300-$500 twice a year.
Go to a chinese mechanic

Interesting ... I've never thought of insurance brokers. Is there any specific broker that you would recommend?
Brokers are typical local and specific by state. In AZ I use Hayden and Hayden but every market will have their own. They will do your car and home/renter insurance and be able to walk you through the typicals for coverage.

When I was young I had a higher deductible to keep my monthly price down. As I became more uhhh “experienced” I was able to lower the deductible and still keep the price the same or trending down. Brokers make commission but typically it comes from the insurance company not you. The other great thing is they will shop you every six months or annually, so they always do the work to keep you at the best price. To me it’s been worth it and I’ve never seen diminished quality.

I’m not an expert though. This has just been my experience.

Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
Anyone picking up in Bay Area fremont factroy. Tell me you OD and tell me if there is any delays. More info the better cause 2 days ago got a text for trade in and my EDD is May 6 - May 20. Also picking up from Fremont.
I am picking up in Fremont factory.
Order date: 3/26 (M3LR white exterior and black interior) no FSD

1st Edd: June - Oct

2nd EDD: July 16- Sept 3

3rd Edd: July 5- Aug 16

4th Edd: Sept 3- Oct 29

5th Edd: June 16 - July 21 (current)

Reactions: TSLone and T-J-
Congrats! I am pretty jealous that my OD was 2/12, and you have my exact configuration…my location is just low priority. Maybe by the time I finally get a VIN, Tesla will have a miraculous solution for all these parts shortages. One can dream.
That is such BS from Tesla ! it really should be first come first served but they do it randomly . I also have OD of 2/12 and see others with later OD getting their car. Happy for all of you but ….you know.