Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! But does anyone know if it's normal for the turnaround between getting a VIN / getting a delivery appointment to be so quick?

I've had a VIN since last Wednesday, and the delivery window is still listed as May 8-14 with no further email, text, or phone call. Every available pre-delivery task was done by Thursday. Just worried something is wrong with my order.
Yours might be one of the ones that needs to have the charge port installed.

Woah nice- I am also in Salem, Oregon, and ordered on 3/4, but ordered the Midnight Silver Metalic, so that has to be why you are getting it so far ahead, beings as how you ordered the blue and I am guessing that is not as common of a color! Hope everything goes smoothly for you in PDX, will have to update me on how things go as i will hopefully be there soon myself! PS I was the first person to alert the PDX location that they were getting cars without the matrix headlights- they initially told me no i was wrong all model 3s get them, then i told them to go check their lot and they did, and the SA came back and said we stand corrected . . . At least they admitted it! ;-)
Almost the same timeline as mine. Hope you get yours soon!
You as well, kicking myself for not going after the existing inventory at the end of 2021.

Something to take your mind off EDD's for a moment.

Since my wall charger location was so close to the breaker panel, I decided I could do it myself and save some $$$. Total parts cost = 135.68. It took me almost three weeks of watching/re-watching youtube videos, figuring out/buying which parts were needed, returning those parts I found out I didn't need and buying other parts I realized I now needed. NOTE: 6 gauge wire is hard to bend and cut! Especially when you have light duty pliers/wirecutters. In the end, I bought the right tools, a day late and dollar short. Also, miscalculated wire length and found out my white wire (used for ground in this case) was too short and had to crimp a vinyl butt connector to extend it to the ground bar. Cinder block wall is a bit more challenging. Couldn't get a sharp 90 deg conduit bend to the adjoining wall, so there's an inch or two of exposed wiring. Not a totally pro install, but hey, it works! Too much fun! Now all I need is something to charge...:D

Note: Installed 60 amp breaker using 6/3 romex stranded wire so I can get the full 48 amp charge.

View attachment 801989
Something to take your mind off EDD's for a moment.

Since my wall charger location was so close to the breaker panel, I decided I could do it myself and save some $$$. Total parts cost = 135.68. It took me almost three weeks of watching/re-watching youtube videos, figuring out/buying which parts were needed, returning those parts I found out I didn't need and buying other parts I realized I now needed. NOTE: 6 gauge wire is hard to bend and cut! Especially when you have light duty pliers/wirecutters. In the end, I bought the right tools, a day late and dollar short. Also, miscalculated wire length and found out my white wire (used for ground in this case) was too short and had to crimp a vinyl butt connector to extend it to the ground bar. Cinder block wall is a bit more challenging. Couldn't get a sharp 90 deg conduit bend to the adjoining wall, so there's an inch or two of exposed wiring. Not a totally pro install, but hey, it works! Too much fun! Now all I need is something to charge...:D

Note: Installed 60 amp breaker using 6/3 romex stranded wire so I can get the full 48 amp charge.

First time poster here.

OD: 3/5
Spec: grey LR, black int, 19 wheels, no FSD
EDD: 5/20-6/17

Date hasn’t changed for about 2 weeks, hoping to get more update soon.

Good luck to everyone else!

First post after spending a good amount of time lurking.

M3LR | MSM | Black Int | 18” Aero | No FSD
O/D: 03/12
EDD: 06/09-07/14 (previously late May to mid-June)
The Same EDD as mine, my O/D: 03/09

Got my VIN 248XXX today! (Sunday, around 3pm) Already have delivery scheduled! Everything happened so fast!
Lucky for you and congratulations! I got a text from my SAs today asking if I would like to do a trade in. Wasn't planning on it but we'll see what they offer. Hopefully I'm getting closer. Screenshot_20220508-233047_Messages.jpg

Hello all, been lurking for a while to keep myself sane during the wait but wanted to share my experience real quick.

OD 2/12/22
M3LR - Red - Standard Wheels - Black Interior - No FSD
Portland OR delivery.
I don't remember all the EDD changes but it did change about 8-9 total times.
EDD was May 6th to 10th after having a couple two week windows and some five day windows when I got the text with my VIN at 3pm on 5/5.
I started to apply for financing online that night and some insurance quotes thinking I had a few days/week or two to set it up.
I got a call the next morning 5/6 at 10am from the Tesla service center and they told me my car was ready for pickup, a total of 4 business hours after VIN text.
I said I needed some time to get my financing and insurance ready but we just scheduled it for 2pm the next day 5/7 for pickup.
I managed to get financing, insurance, and pick up a cashiers check from two different banks that same day.
Went in on 5/7 at 2pm and my car was there and ready and in amazing condition. No problems/defects that I could see.
I've never had a luxury car in my life and this is amazing. Stay strong everyone who is still waiting, it's worth it!!!

Got our Wall Connector installed on Sat that we originally ordered in March (Tesla did honor the $95 refund for the price change from a couple weeks ago since it was within the 60 day return window). We have a detached garage. Ran about 100ft of new 6 gauge thhn in conduit under our crawl space and used an existing conduit from outside of there to the garage. Had to move some breakers from our main panel to a sub panel to make room for a new 60 amp breaker. Our friend is an election and did the work for cheap with us helping with some it. $625 total (~$500 of which was just the supplies). Now just need the car.

No change in our EDD since the last update on 04/29. Only about a 1.5 weeks till the start of it (EDD 05/20-06/03) and no VIN yet.

IMG_4346.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg