Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh please, I would not fall for their “mission” line. Their mission is to make money and have a high stock price. I haven’t seen them conduct an equity offering for a while, which is how they could access capital if they needed to do so. In fact, the secondary sales by Elon to finance the Twitter deal (maybe) drove the price of the stock down. Whatever we have committed financially to this car but they have turned me into a hater even before factory assembly defects!
Kinda sucks when they make such a good product that we have to overlook their flaws, doesn't it? ;)

Reactions: jpaychek
Adding a weird observation, probably useless but I found it interesting. I noticed the months on my EDD (Sept to Oct) switched to lowercase letters over the past week or so, and then back to uppercase letters this morning. Likely means nothing at all, but thought it was interesting.
Mine switched to lower case letters a few days ago and it’s driving me nuts.

Reactions: Guy Maughan
Seattle folks, saw this truck headed north on I5 by southcenter on the way to work today. Mostly Model Y but there were 1-2 Model 3.

B8447D7E-D4EF-4D86-80A1-E0263D2D0B81.jpeg

Well, on average it takes 90-100 days for delivery (check the excel file with scatter plot that shows this trend). Based on when it is ordered, check the quarter that falls around that 90-100 days window.

Late-May/June OD will see delivery by the end of Sept. Folks, who ordered in March, including me (03/24) haven't received delivery as yet. The 2Q ends in June. My current updated EDD is 16-27th June.

This is, of course, speculative and based on trends we see from posts.
This is helpful and insightful, and gives me hope to receive my car sooner than later. Thanks for explaining!

Reactions: trillianx
🎉🎊💕Graduation Day!!! 🎊💕🎉
According to Siri, it’s been 107 days of glee, disappointment, frustration, anger, complacency, hopefulness, giddiness, and joy. I really have enjoyed this forum as its been very therapeutic during the entire process. I’m moving on to other forums and glad people like T-J are hanging around to guide newbies through the process. Take care everyone and I’ll echo the same sentiments from other graduates: It’s worth the wait!
Came here just for this post. Congrats! Did you see a white M3 LR by chance? 😂😏

After 1 week of ownership, I thought I'd pop in here and post an update.
My experience overall has been over the moon. I love driving this car. I love owning this car. To me, there are no downsides to going EV.
First, I'll start with my short list of gripes.
I've had to put in my first service request. The airbag warning light shows up every now and then. Doing some research it appears that it's a known issue. I also have very noticeable creaking noises coming from the wheels at very slow speeds. Another known issue that looks like it's coming from the Aero covers. Regardless, service is coming out next week to take a look.
My only other complaint is that the air conditioning isn't the greatest when temps are over 110. I posted earlier about it, but I don't think it can keep up with cooling the interior of the vehicle as well as the batteries. While 110 seems crazy hot for most of you, here in Arizona that's just another summer day.
The good: everything else!
Ok, the amount I'm saving on gas alone makes me grin like an idiot.
Then there's the speed and acceleration.
Oh, and the maneuverability. I had to do two emergency steering maneuvers today on the freeway to avoid obstacles on the road. I used to teach driving in the police academy, and this car handled the steering like a champ.
She's do for her first wash, so I'm trying to figure out how to handle that since I can't hand-wash her in 110 desert sun.
I ceramic coated the white interior. One of the kids put her shoes on the seat which left a black mark. Since it was coated, I just sprayed some cleaner and wiped it right off with a microfiber cloth. Nothing left behind!
Windows get ceramic tinted this Friday.
Did I miss anything??