Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great point...I'm a VA resident as well and not looking forward to the personal property tax bill coming.
Something to keep in mind is that including a software feature like that on your purchase increases the official price of your vehicle. So it ceases to be a $60,000 car and becomes a $66,000 car. If your state charges fees, taxes, licensing or other such things based on the purchase price of the car, it's much better to wait until after buying the car to obtain the option.

I foolishly included FSD on my purchase and now I'll be paying Virginia state taxes each year on not only an expensive car but on an expensive software option as well. I also missed out on some nice rebates available on my credit card.
sadly I too will be paying those taxes as well. I’m not going to change my order now. But maybe I should have thought about that earlier?

Please everyone add a signature once you reach 5 posts. If you are on a phone, turn it to landscape mode to see the signatures. This is through the phone browser for teslamotorsclub.com, not on the app. See photo below for instructions on adding your signature. Please include your car specs, order date, EDD’s, your location, and the first 3 digits (of the last 6) of your vin once it is assigned. This provides useful information for everyone tracking their delivery times.
How are you germantown , md and picking up in Tennessee?

Graduated today..
Wish I had discovered this site and forum before but grateful for all of the insight and information this past week.

Picked up from Tysons Corner, Virginia. Based on input from others, arrived 30 minutes early and brought a screwdriver to take my plates off and take a final photo of the odometer from my trade in. (Delivery said I was already their favorite customer). They were finishing up the previous group but my car was out front with my name on it so I inspected the outside while the waiting room cleared out. Immaculate and didn't notice anything obvious.

Paperwork and trade in inside was easy, they let me take a look inside the car while handling the people actually on time and then I accepted delivery.

Car was charged to 52%; I don't have my station installed yet so testing the slow charge.
Asked if I had matrix lights, another customer said "what's that?" I replied I learned about it on this site and it is now important to me lol. Delivery checked in the back and said I had them but I have no clue.
Michelin tires, Mobile charging kit included and thrown in the trunk. Another person picking up said he didn't have one and they went to another car being prepped for delivery (there were a dozen or so) and gave it to him.

Got the black interior because I have a teenage soccer playing son and I already know there isn't a product on this Earth that can protect those white seats. Didn't discover this site so had already ordered the all purpose mats, wheel covers when I take off the aeros, and illuminated door sills direct from Tesla. Appointment for tint and a wrap already set.

Car is quick/fast...My last 3 cars were a Nissan Maxima SR, Jaguar XF, and Charger SRT. I was going 93 in the HOV lane and didn't realize it...with zero stress on how much super premium I was using.

My nitpick stuff...didnt get the Home Link because the principle of paying $325 for something that come with every Toyota Corolla annoyed me. That said, searching for my garage opener is getting old already. I fully get the Waze etc not connected but was shocked no XM option.

Looking forward to learning more from others on here and playing with the car the next few days.

Graduation day!! We picked up both our model 3LR and MYP at the Irvine delivery center in Orange County. M3LR came with Matrix lights, Michelin tires, and mobile connector. Not super thrilled with the whole delivery experience in general.
1. Cars were dirty. Our MYP had a lot of water spots down the passenger side and wheels, couple of smudges on the white seats (wiped right off).
2. M3LR was only charged to 56%. The car was not cleaned very well. Again, some water spots and tree leaves stuck along the gap between the roof glass and body. Other than that, the rest of the car seemed fine.
3. If the SA we had developed a bit of a relationship with didn’t happen to be working the delivery center today (end of quarter push), the person who checked us in and took our down payments, basically said that was it and see ya later. Thankfully our SA came out and helped us set up some basic settings. She even came out and wiped the water spots, interior smudges, and another minor window trim issue. She also found an open charger to give the M3LR some extra juice.

Both cars drove beautifully. 1 pedal driving does take a little to get used too. Both cars calibrated within about 10 minutes. Looking forward to spending some time in these beauties. Window tint scheduled for July 5th. I know it’s the end of quarter push and the facility was super busy. But, we bought 2 cars and the extra attention to detail goes a long way with me and would have made the delivery experience a bit better. Thanks to my SA who was great, and did her best to correct any deficiencies. Good luck everyone!!

Attachments

• B5F384C3-5FD5-4903-B0D4-3A5183A30A08.jpeg
    B5F384C3-5FD5-4903-B0D4-3A5183A30A08.jpeg
    699.7 KB · Views: 75
Reminder to get a CCS1 adapter if you plan to use non-Tesla fast charging stations such as Electrify America. Essential on road trips when superchargers get too crowded.

I live in LA, and to me it's a game changer. I even get free fast charging from a station nearby. This adapter is paying for itself very quickly. If you want it asap, there are some sellers offering them on ebay at a higher price; otherwise, you can order from Harum.io (if you do, I'll appreciate you using my link above so both you and me get a discount :) )
Good on you for the $3 discount....on a $300 item. 🤣 Seriously, I think they could have offered something a little better than a 1% discount.
(nothing against you Hiline)

Good on you for the $3 discount....on a $300 item. 🤣 Seriously, I think they could have offered something a little better than a 1% discount.
(nothing against you Hiline)
I think their discount is restricted by their margin. They have to buy the adapter from Tesla so most of the price we see goes to Elon. They take a cut of maybe $50, so $3 of that is 6% rather than 1%. I agree with you that the tiny amount doesn’t really do them any good because all the potential buyer sees is the 1% discount you brought up rather than the 6% reduction of their revenue.

Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
Graduated today..
Wish I had discovered this site and forum before but grateful for all of the insight and information this past week.

Picked up from Tysons Corner, Virginia. Based on input from others, arrived 30 minutes early and brought a screwdriver to take my plates off and take a final photo of the odometer from my trade in. (Delivery said I was already their favorite customer). They were finishing up the previous group but my car was out front with my name on it so I inspected the outside while the waiting room cleared out. Immaculate and didn't notice anything obvious.

Paperwork and trade in inside was easy, they let me take a look inside the car while handling the people actually on time and then I accepted delivery.

Car was charged to 52%; I don't have my station installed yet so testing the slow charge.
Asked if I had matrix lights, another customer said "what's that?" I replied I learned about it on this site and it is now important to me lol. Delivery checked in the back and said I had them but I have no clue.
Michelin tires, Mobile charging kit included and thrown in the trunk. Another person picking up said he didn't have one and they went to another car being prepped for delivery (there were a dozen or so) and gave it to him.

Got the black interior because I have a teenage soccer playing son and I already know there isn't a product on this Earth that can protect those white seats. Didn't discover this site so had already ordered the all purpose mats, wheel covers when I take off the aeros, and illuminated door sills direct from Tesla. Appointment for tint and a wrap already set.

Car is quick/fast...My last 3 cars were a Nissan Maxima SR, Jaguar XF, and Charger SRT. I was going 93 in the HOV lane and didn't realize it...with zero stress on how much super premium I was using.

My nitpick stuff...didnt get the Home Link because the principle of paying $325 for something that come with every Toyota Corolla annoyed me. That said, searching for my garage opener is getting old already. I fully get the Waze etc not connected but was shocked no XM option.

Looking forward to learning more from others on here and playing with the car the next few days.
I almost bought homelink but I ran across a post that said they used double sided tape and taped it to the lower middle of the screen. So far that has worked for me. Also I think its $350 now, that's actually what gave me pause on pressing the buy button. I was ready to spend the $325 but now that it increased I am not sure its worth that. Like I said so far the opener behind the screen is working great. Sure you don't get the auto open/close but I just put on the camera after I pull out and make sure it closes, and off I go.

How is the door sills? I am thinking of getting those. Are they both front and back or just fronts?

I think their discount is restricted by their margin. They have to buy the adapter from Tesla so most of the price we see goes to Elon. They take a cut of maybe $50, so $3 of that is 6% rather than 1%. I agree with you that the tiny amount doesn’t really do them any good because all the potential buyer sees is the 1% discount you brought up rather than the 6% reduction of their revenue.
So, I found this thread on how you can get an adapter shipped to your from S. Korea. You'll save a little bit of money doing it this way. It uses a shipping forwarding service. The price on the Korean Tesla site for the adapter is $232 USD currently.

Starting to slowly crack after (compared to some of you lunatics lol) a pretty chill 3 months of waiting. Might start buying accessories soon, currently leaning towards Taptes or 3DMaxSpider mats, a grocery hook for the trunk, an insert for the ridiculously sized cupholders, a center storage space organizer thingy, and maybe some cleaning supplies. Seems like there was a bit of a lull in member activity for end of march orders and beyond. It felt like there were tons and tons of active posters with feb/early march orders, and not so many late march. Best of luck to any other mt kisco folks lurking, I should probably figure out my travel plans from Buffalo sooner rather than later...

So, I found this thread on how you can get an adapter shipped to your from S. Korea. You'll save a little bit of money doing it this way. It uses a shipping forwarding service. The price on the Korean Tesla site for the adapter is $232 USD currently.

Wow this is what people used to do to get these adapters? I know in the past they had to rely on forwarders but never bothered to read how to do it exactly because Harumio was around by the time I decided to get the adapter. It sounds pretty complicated and lengthy. Also, the reddit post doesn’t mention the price to pay Delivered Korea?

Reminder to get a CCS1 adapter if you plan to use non-Tesla fast charging stations such as Electrify America. Essential on road trips when superchargers get too crowded.

I live in LA, and to me it's a game changer. I even get free fast charging from a station nearby. This adapter is paying for itself very quickly. If you want it asap, there are some sellers offering them on ebay at a higher price; otherwise, you can order from Harum.io (if you do, I'll appreciate you using my link above so both you and me get a discount :) )
How do you get free charging?

Graduated today..

Congrats on a smooth delivery! 🎉🥳🎉 We love Virginia Beach!

Graduation day!! We picked up both our model 3LR and MYP at the Irvine delivery center in Orange County. M3LR came with Matrix lights, Michelin tires, and mobile connector. Not super thrilled with the whole delivery experience in general.
1. Cars were dirty. Our MYP had a lot of water spots down the passenger side and wheels, couple of smudges on the white seats (wiped right off).
2. M3LR was only charged to 56%. The car was not cleaned very well. Again, some water spots and tree leaves stuck along the gap between the roof glass and body. Other than that, the rest of the car seemed fine.
3. If the SA we had developed a bit of a relationship with didn’t happen to be working the delivery center today (end of quarter push), the person who checked us in and took our down payments, basically said that was it and see ya later. Thankfully our SA came out and helped us set up some basic settings. She even came out and wiped the water spots, interior smudges, and another minor window trim issue. She also found an open charger to give the M3LR some extra juice.

Both cars drove beautifully. 1 pedal driving does take a little to get used too. Both cars calibrated within about 10 minutes. Looking forward to spending some time in these beauties. Window tint scheduled for July 5th. I know it’s the end of quarter push and the facility was super busy. But, we bought 2 cars and the extra attention to detail goes a long way with me and would have made the delivery experience a bit better. Thanks to my SA who was great, and did her best to correct any deficiencies. Good luck everyone!!
🎉🎉🎉 Congrats on a beautiful pair of Teslas!!