Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my diploma yesterday after 128 days of waiting. Pick up was at Tyson’s Corner, VA. Took an Uber. Arrived about 15 mins early for my 1100 appointment. The staff there were great. Took about 10 mins to go over the paperwork and sign. Answered all of my questioMs. I took pics of my NFCU cashiers check together with the paperwork while there at the delivery office. The staff was also kind enough to scan everything and email it back to me (I wanted to have evidence that I turned the final payment over to Tesla).

I inspected the car and could find no issues. It was very clean inside and out, any blemishes I saw were wiped away. No missing paint or exposed areas that I could see. Gaps were good. Looked underneath with an extended mirror and nothing stood out.

Matrix/Ryzen/Hankook was what I had…mobile charging kit was there.

Delivery was an overall great experience for me. Drove it home and immediately put it in the garage. Installed mud flaps, screen protector, 3D maxpider mats, center console organizers. Tint and PPF are next so not going to drive it very much until those are completed In 2 weeks.

This is a great forum and will continue to hang out for current info on Tesla happenings (don’t really like the Facebooks and Reddits)…
Yeah Fleo! So happy you got your car and everything went well for you. Especially happy to hear the good report for the Tyson’s Corner location as that is where my pick up location will be as well. I’ll be looking for you on the road… in a month or so 🤣

Getting excited and nervous all at the same time! Just got an updated EDD! I am now Aug 13-26! super excited about the move, but now that puts me in a window that I might be out of town. I think I will wait until I actually have a VIN before I go too Crazy!

I have already locked in my interest rate, so I’m not worried about that, and I know who I will use for insurance so that is not a problem. Plan is to sell my old car after I get this one I think So I’m not doing anything there yet either. Just sit back and wait for a VIN and hope my delivery date works good with my current schedule.

It's exciting to finally see things get rolling for august, lots of vins assigned and lots of delivery dates tightening.

I just locked in my financing yesterday and called my insurance to go ahead and let them know im getting a car and get a quote. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a bunch of accessories and my wall charger. I ended up getting the full taptes set of floor mats off amazon.

The only thing I need to do now is figure out my tinting. I think I'm going to get 35% all around except for the windshield to stay legal since it will be my commuter car. Can I get by inspecting my car with 70% tint on my windshield?

Reactions: JB47394
Yeah Fleo! So happy you got your car and everything went well for you. Especially happy to hear the good report for the Tyson’s Corner location as that is where my pick up location will be as well. I’ll be looking for you on the road… in a month or so 🤣
Yes, I spend time enjoying the wonderful sights of 395N and 395S on a daily basis. I will keep my eyes peeled for you, hopefully very soon!

Regarding Tysons, try not to schedule your pick up on Saturday, if at all possible. See if you can get in at 1100 on a weekday, mid week preferably (I wanted a three day weekend)…Those are their slowest days/times. Plus you are likely first in line, so no waiting if you are after someone with an earlier appointment with an issue to resolve. They had at least three staff members working deliveries and two 1100 customers, including me. And that was on a Friday.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Lead times for all models are coming in and annualized car sales in the US have dropped according to the St Louis Fed’s data from 18.78 Million in 2021 to 13.47 million now. If I put in an order for a MYP right now, the Website says it could come as early as next month.

The purpose of the interest rate hikes is to decrease demand, and more hikes are coming. All this is happening around the world while Tesla is trying to ramp two brand new massive factories and all other automakers are pumping billions into new production and especially EV production.

Long story short, you’re using old talking points and we don’t know what Tesla’s order flow is right now but we know delivery times are coming in across the board. And Tesla has quite a lot of used inventory building. If we look forward and consider all these factors, it seems likely that new inventories will begin building and that’s exactly what central banks are trying to achieve.

If demand doesn’t come down enough to affect prices, central banks will hike

Regardless of interest rates doing their purpose of decreasing overall demand the current demand for Tesla far out weights their supply. And no even though the website says it your not getting a MYP in 4 weeks once you place the order the edd will kick out. They were quoting 3P to come in June at the start of July so the website is far far from accurate.

To change topics. So with delivery day hopefully approaching what accessories are you guys loading up on prior?

I have screen protector, J1772 lock, center console insert, floor mats, jack pucks, and wall connector.

Thinking of getting mud flaps, USB hub, cup holder, door seals, and do it your self ceramic exterior/interior.

Thoughts?

Screen protector, mud flaps, floor mats, cup holder insert, and storage trays. Also just installed my Nema 14-50 for my corded mobile connector.

Attachments

• 5C1856FB-C076-4146-9A9F-01BC46703185.jpeg
    5C1856FB-C076-4146-9A9F-01BC46703185.jpeg
    874.9 KB · Views: 65
The people who ARE putting PPF on their vehicles are saying something about it, but the people who AREN'T putting it on aren't posting that because nobody really cares when you don't do something. It's the same for Teslas. Most people AREN'T buying one, but to read this forum, you'd think everyone in the country was clamoring to get their hands on one. I find it funny to bring up Teslas with people I know and they could not possibly care less.

It never even occurred to me. The Russians are invading Ukraine, western economies are in recession, people can't buy a home to raise a family, and I have missing paint on an unseen section of my car. I figured I could let it go. :)

Hahaha, I guess I'll let it go too as it doesn't bother me much and rarely is anyone going to open the trunk and notice for the missing paint in the strut handles!

Yes, I spend time enjoying the wonderful sights of 395N and 395S on a daily basis. I will keep my eyes peeled for you, hopefully very soon!

Regarding Tysons, try not to schedule your pick up on Saturday, if at all possible. See if you can get in at 1100 on a weekday, mid week preferably (I wanted a three day weekend)…Those are their slowest days/times. Plus you are likely first in line, so no waiting if you are after someone with an earlier appointment with an issue to resolve. They had at least three staff members working deliveries and two 1100 customers, including me. And that was on a Friday.
I'm sure weekends can get hectic with so many deliveries happening back-to-back, but the end of the quarter may be just plain hectic all the time. I picked up on a Wednesday one week before the end of the quarter. It was quite busy, and I never once felt like I was getting that casual and friendly experience that so many people talk about.

Thank you. For tinting check your local laws. Most cops will not pull you over but if you illegal tint you are giving them an excuse. That means you drive a car that can legally be pulled over at anytime and/or ticketed. Just not worth it to me. Same thing with people who don't put the front license plate on in states where it is required like NY. You're not cool and the car doesn't look cool without the plate just put it on. Lol

Thanks, will check about the acceptable percentage here!

Hahaha, I installed the front license plate while at the factory itself! I so badly want to display my black vanity plates on both the front and rear of my car. Although in California it's a mandate to have front license plates, I do see a lot of cars not putting them up, strange!

Reactions: ZZ118