Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: I was able to get a 2.74% interest rate through a local credit union. I need Tesla insurance to come to Indiana. Lowest insurance quote I have received is $255/MO and that is with Farm bureau. Given, I am a young male which means my insurance will probably be higher anyway. I have gotten Quotes from Allstate, Statefarm, progressive, Esurance, and even talked to a company that filtered through all different company’s and said they couldn’t beat $255.
What credit union?

Received this email from Tesla yesterday and got excited when I saw the notification, only to be let down when I opened the email

Attachments

• 7C647B86-7ECD-4E30-B3D6-F7D379B059B5.jpeg
    7C647B86-7ECD-4E30-B3D6-F7D379B059B5.jpeg
    962.2 KB · Views: 80
Wow that’s an unusually fast/short EDD based on your order date. You ordered ~30 days ago on 7/1 and you have an 8/7-8/21 EDD? Share your secrets
I think it may be due to the fact that I chose a paid color and a paid interior. Just my guess. Who knows how the wizards at Tesla actually work. Could be just luck of the draw!

Or you know, Elon is a known weeb and loves my profile picture. That could be it.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Wait a minute!!! You got an email after you installed your wall connector? I installed mine but I never got an email. Is that okay? Is mine installed correctly? I thought everything was good on that. Now I’m all concerned!
Yes indeed! I received an email about 24-48 hours after the installation. I was really surprised! I was like, "Wow cool, they know my charger is on-line and linked to me!" Anyway, I wouldn't be concerned. The survey was probably sent out at random to buyers of the wall charger. It was about 3 months ago, but I remember it was very short, 10 questions tops. Just wanted to know my overall satisfaction with the home installation process, did I use a Tesla certified/recommended installer from off their website, if so, what company and how would I rate them, and I remember distinctly they asked if comfortable, to share how much the total installation was in a comments section with a cost breakdown. I paid $900 for an electrician to do a load calculation test, do some kind of drawing, and handle the permit process with my township (I had to pay for the permit which was another $80). My electrician was excellent and the job was high quality and clean with armored cable used. I commented that while I thought the total cost was too high (all in charger and install $1500), it did not detract from my overall opinion of Tesla or my buying experience thus far.
As long as your installer properly commissioned your unit, meaning connected it to your home network with a good connection, you should be fine. Main thing is you are able to receive the over-the-air updates and it charges properly at whatever capacity your installation can handle.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Yes, I'll tag you. I'm in SJ and we have very close order/EDD dates. I'll be picking up in Cherry Hill.
Huge Update for me today!

My estimated delivery date went from August 22 - September 26 to now

August 26th to September 9th!!!

Not bad for a May 18th order date! Whoo hoo! Updated at about 9am this morning. Hope you got good news as well!

1st post.

M3LR Blue/White/18”
OD: 5/19
My EDD for most of June was 8/20-9/24 but changed on 7/30 to 8/29-9/26.

My Wall Connector was installed this morning and this afternoon I received a really long text from Eden Prairie Tesla describing the process for scheduling delivery and it included this statement:

“All deliveries must be completed by September 30th, no exceptions.”

Hopefully that means I’ll get before the end of Q3. I’ve been pretty laid-back about the dates but I’m starting to get Go Fever.

Glad to be here.

Congrats!

What is your configuration?
Thanks very much!

M3LR, Black, 19 wheels, White interior

And also just to give some hope to those who have a really far out EDD. I saved the screenshot from 5-19, one day after I ordered and my EDD was
December 12 - February 6, 2013.

So I'll likely have it in roughly a month, or 4-6 months earlier than the original estimate, if the current one holds up. I agree, it's easy to become impatient, especially when I've heard of people waiting over a year. That's insane. I might even reconsider the purchase at that point. Good Luck! :cool: