Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't sweat it. You'll probably get an updated EDD with a shorter delivery timeframe. I'm also in NJ. Ordered M3 LR AWD May 18th. App says estimated delivery 8/22-9/26. I believe that's my third or fourth update. However, it hasn't updated in well over a month. I do have three upgrades on the car; paint, wheels, and interior if that makes any difference. I also bought and had installed the Tesla Wall charger in my garage, which Tesla already knows about apparently (other than from buying it on their website.) I think a day after I got it installed and connected it to my Wifi, they sent me an email survey to inquire how satisfied I was with the installation process. Not sure if this helps either (probably not), but can't hurt! Good Luck! I'll keep you NJ folks posted if any are interested.
Another update today…a day after getting the depressing Jan-Apr ‘23 EDD. Today my wife’s app says 9/18-10/23 for her M3 LR AWD. Only issue with this ”earlier” Delivery is that we have a two week trip planned to Italy for the last 2 weeks in October. If she gets it prior, we only have 1 charger to service keeping two Tesla’s plugged in while away. If it comes while we’re away, I’m not sure if our daughter or someone else could pick up the car in our absence. Such problems. Not sweating it at this point though…dates will probably change several more times.

Reactions: Golf8621204
Another update today…a day after getting the depressing Jan-Apr ‘23 EDD. Today my wife’s app says 9/18-10/23 for her M3 LR AWD. Only issue with this ”earlier” Delivery is that we have a two week trip planned to Italy for the last 2 weeks in October. If she gets it prior, we only have 1 charger to service keeping two Tesla’s plugged in while away. If it comes while we’re away, I’m not sure if our daughter or someone else could pick up the car in our absence. Such problems. Not sweating it at this point though…dates will probably change several more time
Hi
From Tesla FAQ
Somebody else will pick up my Tesla on my behalf. What should they bring?
They should bring a power of attorney letter and copy of your passport or identification card to the delivery appointment. If you are financing your Tesla via a Tesla leasing or lending, the person listed on the agreement has to be present at the point of delivery.

MSM, black, aero, no FSD
OD April 7
10 EDD changes, entered 2 week window twice
VIN 320xxx on July 30 (114 days) via App
Delivery August 2 at Fremont Factory
Michelin, Matrix, Ryzen

On VIN day, which was day 2 of the second 2-week window, EDD updated to 2-11 days away with no VIN. I checked 30 minutes later and had VIN with EDD 2-6 days away. I checked 30 minutes later and had "delivery to home" in 2 days! Called Sunnyvale SC to ask about delivery there. They said they aren't doing deliver at Sunnyvale or Gilroy SCs, but Fremont was OK.

Things I learned from the process that I hadn't read about here:
- In CA, they only need a copy of current insurance, not an insurance policy WITH the Tesla already on it.
- They badgered me about scanning the cashier's check and emailing it to them (financed some through Tesla app). I said not until I saw the car. I eventually sent a scan of the receipt from the cashier's check thinking they couldn't "cash" it. Heard nothing back. Delivery went smoothly. Just handed them the check and they said to click "accept delivery" in the app. They weren't letting anyone inside their car before accepting.
- Signed a few documents (co-registrant signed too) that were in the car, for CA DMV registration.
- After getting a VIN, I agreed to all the financing terms. Then I could eventually "Complete" e-signing things in the app (the 2nd to last icon). They called to tell me to do it.

vroom vroom woosh woosh!

EDD.png

Another update today…a day after getting the depressing Jan-Apr ‘23 EDD. Today my wife’s app says 9/18-10/23 for her M3 LR AWD. Only issue with this ”earlier” Delivery is that we have a two week trip planned to Italy for the last 2 weeks in October. If she gets it prior, we only have 1 charger to service keeping two Tesla’s plugged in while away. If it comes while we’re away, I’m not sure if our daughter or someone else could pick up the car in our absence. Such problems. Not sweating it at this point though…dates will probably change several more times.
plug one into a regular trickle charge outlet (120v, normal household plug) if you get them prior to leaving. If you turn off all the sentry mode and other extras with a high battery percent 90% it will last 2 weeks no problem. It should be approximately 1-2% a day with most things turned off, that is the key.

Holy cow! I am so excited! I just posted about my trade in offer and then hit “reject offer” and told them why. Next thing comes up asking about insurance (which I have never been given the option to select this). I see A new EDD window! Now I’m getting super excited!!

And BOOM! Just like that I see I now have a VIN too! I can barely contain my excitement!
new EDD Aug 8-12
VIN 320xxx

Holy cow! I am so excited! I just posted about my trade in offer and then hit “reject offer” and told them why. Next thing comes up asking about insurance (which I have never been given the option to select this). I see A new EDD window! Now I’m getting super excited!!

And BOOM! Just like that I see I now have a VIN too! I can barely contain my excitement!
new EDD Aug 8-12
VIN 320xxx
Ohhhhh congrats!

With the Exact same OD and trim I’m hopefull for some movement for me soon! Maybe being in Canada skews it a bit but still :)

new EDD Aug 8-12
VIN 320xxx
Damn! Congrats! Did this all happen tonight? I'm east coast so it is late here right now.

Hello Group!

So I was calling all the Tesla delivery centers near my area and was asking is there’s any refusal vehicle available that I can maybe purchase instead of going through months of waiting. One location had one that is different color to what my original order. I asked the Tesla adviser how did it become a refused car. He simply explained that the car had a headlight damage from a transport process. It got fixed from a certified auto shop service for $2,700 all paid by Tesla. Car has 50 miles on it and listed as brand new. When I asked how much of a price adjustment they were willing to give me they listed it for $1,800 and it is ready right away.

I am asking if this is a steal? Okay deal? Not so so?

Thank you Group!

Hello Group!

So I was calling all the Tesla delivery centers near my area and was asking is there’s any refusal vehicle available that I can maybe purchase instead of going through months of waiting. One location had one that is different color to what my original order. I asked the Tesla adviser how did it become a refused car. He simply explained that the car had a headlight damage from a transport process. It got fixed from a certified auto shop service for $2,700 all paid by Tesla. Car has 50 miles on it and listed as brand new. When I asked how much of a price adjustment they were willing to give me they listed it for $1,800 and it is ready right away.

Thank you Group!

new EDD Aug 8-12
VIN 320xxx
Congrats…You will love it. The folks at Tysons were quick, efficient, and helpful!

Reactions: HeatherW22
Hello Group!

Thank you Group!
The story from Tesla is very suspicious. Usually when something like a broken light, windshield etc happens tesla just delays delivery and repairs it before giving it to the original customer. Also how did the light break? Was it hit by a rock or crash into a wall. 2700$ for a repair PLUS they are willing to take off 1800 also raises flags. What kinda light replacement requires 2700 that sounds like something more extensive maybe body work. No one could fault you for going for this car just make sure you check it over very carefully if you do before signing.

The story from Tesla is very suspicious. Usually when something like a broken light, windshield etc happens tesla just delays delivery and repairs it before giving it to the original customer. Also how did the light break? Was it hit by a rock or crash into a wall. 2700$ for a repair PLUS they are willing to take off 1800 also raises flags. What kinda light replacement requires 2700 that sounds like something more extensive maybe body work. No one could fault you for going for this car just make sure you check it over very carefully if you do before signing.
You would be shocked how much some of these headlights cost. When working at BMW, it wasn’t anything crazy for a single headlight to cost $3k-4k.

At the $2700 price, it is probably a matrix headlight.