Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright I just got a text with my vin! EDD is now Aug 10-14. A few questions for you guys..

Can I just reply to that text and ask questions like what headlights and tires my car will come with?

For California, does my insurance need to actually have the Tesla already insured or is proof that I’m insured enough?

I am financing with a credit union, what am I supposed to take on pickup day? The physical check or whatever the CU gives me?

Excited!!!
You can get insurance through Tesla or your current whatever has the best rate to be honest. And the credit union can give you the physical check or they can mail the check to the Fremont it’s on the dealer sheet page the address. All the SC needs is a picture and tracking number of the check.

Yeah I’m wondering if my car isn’t a reject. 318 is sort of old.
Nope not old for your order time frame. Mine is 317XXX and I ordered on 26 Mar. This fits in the time frame for the cars. Tesla is cranking things out after their 2 week break so it isn't uncommon for VINs to move like that. I ran into an issue with mine when I was "moved up" to take delivery in May. The VIN for that car was WAY off from what the other ones coming to Colorado and many other places (tbh) and it was a RED FLAG (NOTE: that vehicle was previously declined). Turns out there was a reason and we did decline that vehicle. Bottom line is you should be just fine and your VIN is right in line with where it should be :)

Last edited:
You can get insurance through Tesla or your current whatever has the best rate to be honest. And the credit union can give you the physical check or they can mail the check to the Fremont it’s on the dealer sheet page the address. All the SC needs is a picture and tracking number of the check.
How does it work if I’m paying half with my own money? Can I pay it with plaid? Or do I need to take my own check too? My CU email says they will send the check after I sign papers..I need to call them and see what my options are

How does it work if I’m paying half with my own money? Can I pay it with plaid? Or do I need to take my own check too? My CU email says they will send the check after I sign papers..I need to call them and see what my options are
You can pay either in Plaid on the app or you can take a Cashiers Check with you to pick up made out to Tesla Inc.

So for final payment did you guys have a cashiers check on delivery day or did you just use plaid in the app to pay?
We went through this drill back in May when we declined delivery. We used a cashiers check. There have been a few "horror" stories on Tesla double charging or not returning funds immediately. When we pick ours up this weekend it will be with a cashiers check again.

NOTE: some folks have ZERO issues with paying off in the app...but some people have had issues and I didn't want to take a chance.

I hope that helps.

Here is a link to Everyday Chris and his video on what happened with his Tesla experience:

I have officially graduated my car was made on Aug 5 and pick up the car this morning
Had nothing wrong with the car and getting the car tinted tomorrow.

Came with matrix lights, Michelin tires and ryzen chip as well. The car drive amazing and was a experience with autopilot for the first time and in traffic. I am going to stay a around a little to help out. Thank you everyone that help out and followed my adventure.

View attachment 838942
FINALLY! And by the way, you got your vehicle FASTER than I did LOL.....we will get ours on Saturday! I KNEW that you would get it asap! So glad things worked out for you @Patrick Jarin !!!!! She looks sweet!

We are doing something similar. If all goes well on Saturday, we will be taking it in for PPF/TINT on Monday! Pick it back up on Wednesday from our PPF/TINT guy.

I am SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! Happy Dances all around!
I now have to be the longest order on here by a few weeks at least...great
@EdgeM3LR ......Nope! I have you beat by one day! OD: 3/26 and we pick it up on Saturday the 13th. ;) I hope your delivery goes great! To be honest, I haven't heard any "horror" stories about delivery lately so I think we both will be happy when we pick our vehicles up!

I also haven't heard of folks lately that have the Non-Matrix headlights or any of the previous issues with the charge port things. Good Karma to all awaiting their M3LRs!!!!!

You can pay either in Plaid on the app or you can take a Cashiers Check with you to pick up made out to Tesla Inc.
I’m paying half my own money and half a loan. I tried to pay half in Plaid but as soon as I connect to it I get an error saying I don’t have enough money in my account to pay off the balance. Maybe the balance will update when I give Tesla the credit union check?

I got another text from a 510 number saying to schedule my appointment. Texted them back with another question and no answer. Am I doing it wrong or do they just take a while?

Just was on a text with our SA here in Colorado. They are SUPER awesome to work with thus far! Our car is here but since it is going to be my wife's primary car we are still picking it up on Saturday so she can be there for it.

I guess it depends on where you live and what Tesla centers are near (or far) based on location but we have had ZERO issues with communicating with our local folks with just about anything with regards to Tesla. Our SA is super helpful and accommodating.