Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried that and it eventually told me to leave a message so I hung up lol

Someone finally replied to me on text though and asked how much I’ll be financing. Told him 30,000 and now in my account I see the 30,000 and the remaining balance is 29k, which I should now be able to pay using Plaid upon pickup! Not sure exactly how to get the actual loan money to Tesla but maybe they’ll figure that out on their own?

For people that picked up, how much can I inspect the vehicle before sending the final payment?

Delivery scheduled for Friday at 10am at Buena Park!
If you are getting money to Tesla the day of pickup you can do one of two options. If you are like me my bank gives a pre-approval blank check and the store will write in all the information or you can go the traditional way of giving your bank the VIN and work all the financing normally.

Reactions: gators918
I suppose I am confused....don't all the new deliveries have the AMD (thought they moved on from Intel a bit ago), also the battery (also thought they all deliver with the Lithium battery...I may be wrong), and CCS (I also thought they all ship now with this).

I may be incorrect but from what I have seen I believe these are shipping with them.

The only other thing I would look at is the "Global" headlights....aka MATRIX....from what I have seen, the headlight "issue" is now over with for now.

Just seeing if I missed something?
Problem is that when Tesla omits or substitute (due to supply chain problems), they Don't inform you whatsoever.

If you are getting money to Tesla the day of pickup you can do one of two options. If you are like me my bank gives a pre-approval blank check and the store will write in all the information or you can go the traditional way of giving your bank the VIN and work all the financing normally.
My bank sent me an email saying that the email can be used as proof of loan and approval. Says they will send the money to tesla after I sign the purchase papers. Seems odd though? Tesla will be ok with that?

Reactions: HeatherW22
Depends what and how you are asking. Anytime I ask about a edd it's silence. I worded my text today differently and played dumb. I said oh I saw my edd was moved is something wrong with my application and do I need to do anything? That got me a response in about 30 minutes. Then since I knew someone was there I followed up with is there any more info you can provide? They said no they can't but at least I got more then crickets this time ;)
My questions in that text thread that supposedly reaches my SA have always been about upgrading my order to the Model 3 Performance. I specifically asked that because I thought it would definitely get someone’s attention, instead of the “where’s my car” question that no one has a definite answer to. Alas, even my upgrade questions remain unanswered lol

Reactions: ZZ118
Also Burlington and pickup will be Oakville. What is your OD, current EDD and spec ordered?

My OD is May 12 and my Edd is currently Aug 26 - Sept 9. I was there yesterday as my friend picked up his MYLR. So I asked about my order and they said "No VIN yet but you should be getting the TXT any day now". So fingers crossed!
Hopefully it comes soon! M3LR Black and Aero Wheels

Reactions: Cereal
We went through this drill back in May when we declined delivery. We used a cashiers check. There have been a few "horror" stories on Tesla double charging or not returning funds immediately. When we pick ours up this weekend it will be with a cashiers check again.

NOTE: some folks have ZERO issues with paying off in the app...but some people have had issues and I didn't want to take a chance.

I hope that helps.

Here is a link to Everyday Chris and his video on what happened with his Tesla experience:

One can send a $1.00 payment to Tesla beforehand (as a test b4 D-day) to see if it is a Success or Fail.

Reactions: JB47394
Got my Vin today! I hit refresh on app about a hundred times since I got into a two week EDD about a week ago :) In my case at least I went from an EDD of 8/17-8/30 to an EDD of 8/19-8/25. Seems most folks I have read get a 3 or 4 day EDD with Vin. In any case very anxious to pick the car up when the time comes!

My order date was 5/7 for a Blue LR 18" tires black interior included Autopilot no FSD. Original EDD was like mid Sept - late Oct if memory serves me correctly. Than later in time Aug 16-Sept 30 and you have seen the rest. So hope for those with later EDDs maybe.

I have never named a car - might do this one - 'Blue-tarsky'? Kidding - need to give it some thought obviosuly!

FINALLY! And by the way, you got your vehicle FASTER than I did LOL.....we will get ours on Saturday! I KNEW that you would get it asap! So glad things worked out for you @Patrick Jarin !!!!! She looks sweet!

We are doing something similar. If all goes well on Saturday, we will be taking it in for PPF/TINT on Monday! Pick it back up on Wednesday from our PPF/TINT guy.

I am SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! Happy Dances all around!

@EdgeM3LR ......Nope! I have you beat by one day! OD: 3/26 and we pick it up on Saturday the 13th. ;) I hope your delivery goes great! To be honest, I haven't heard any "horror" stories about delivery lately so I think we both will be happy when we pick our vehicles up!

I also haven't heard of folks lately that have the Non-Matrix headlights or any of the previous issues with the charge port things. Good Karma to all awaiting their M3LRs!!!!!
I don't have a delivery date...so as of Sat I will be the oldest. Glad you are finally getting yours though.

What were your order details. I ordered 7/13 and my EDD changed to November 2022 - February 2023 last week. My order is M3LR, MSM, Black, 19" Sport, no FSD. Thanks.
I ordered 7/1 and i just got pushed to the same EDD window. This was posted earlier and gives me some hope, but it is what it is! #5 of the ordering FAQ

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happen throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. Orders with FSD do not currently receive priority.
12. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
13. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Additional informative posts

After 12,000 miles on my 22 m3lr that I took delivery of in may (27 day order to delivery in case anyone wondered(cough cough CLE lol)), I wanted to share a few negatives (because its not all cupcakes and rainbows)

So I have 2 issues that are extremely annoying and they are both software issues that likely will get worked out someday with updates.

First, is navigation... ughhhh its sooo frustrating because even with premium connectivity and "live traffic" this thing will not take you on the fastest route to save a life.... it will take you down roads that are closed, it will tell you to turn where this isn't even a road sometimes.... By far apple maps is a far superior navigation system. I absolutely love the interface of it, the looks of it and how it knows when im going home or to work or one of my favorite locations. But the annoyance when i'm in an unfamiliar area erks me.

Second, autopilot.... its great when its great. I commute 120 miles 5 days a week on the ohio turnpike and normally it functions flawlessly... .But phantom braking when not a single car or bug is on the road for no reason whatsoever is extremely shocking...I've literally yelled at my car so many times, like what are you doing dummy! lol... I have found a few spots on the ohio turnpike in the 2348751049 construction zones where the crews have stripped off some of the lane lines and the car will brake and slow you down in those spots and now I just take control or move to the passing lane if there are no other cars on the road....

Those are my 2 biggest frustrations with my car. Other than that its been pretty good. And as long as you keep in mind that its just a car and its made to travel on the roads where rocks and debris also exist you wont be very frustrated about paint chips that happen.

My electric bill went up by about $150 per month, my average daily charge is about 35-40 kWh's. Shop around for better energy providers through your electric company, go through and look at applestoapples.gov to find the best rates.. or in my case the actual electric company has a better rate than anyone else.

Also I highly recommend downloading the "Plugshare" app to help you find places to charge in more remote area's on your trips/vacations.

Lastly I will comment on my tire tread wear and brake wear over the past 12,000 miles because it was a major concern of mine when I found out how fast the car eats tires... So I rotated my tires a week ago by myself with jack pucks and 1 harbor freight low profile "Daytona" brand jack, with a 21mm socket and impact wrench. There was no uneven wear and visually the tread was still at a very good depth, I didn't measure :(.
But the brakes! ____ WOW, 12,000 miles and it doesn't look like anyone has ever used the brakes, there are zero lines on the calipers and the pads still look brand new.. this is a game changer. I could probably get 200,000 miles out of one set of brake pads and calipers, not even stretching the truth on that.

Last edited:
Nope not old for your order time frame. Mine is 317XXX and I ordered on 26 Mar. This fits in the time frame for the cars. Tesla is cranking things out after their 2 week break so it isn't uncommon for VINs to move like that. I ran into an issue with mine when I was "moved up" to take delivery in May. The VIN for that car was WAY off from what the other ones coming to Colorado and many other places (tbh) and it was a RED FLAG (NOTE: that vehicle was previously declined). Turns out there was a reason and we did decline that vehicle. Bottom line is you should be just fine and your VIN is right in line with where it should be :)
@ColoradoMike
I haven't been able to discern any rythum to VIN assignments. I assumed it is because of VINs going to other models as well. What cadance have you identified? thanks