Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also ordered both wall connector and mobile charger ordered on 7/7 same as the order for car. I got the wall connector within 7 days but no mobile was assuming it would come with car wondering if I should cancel and reorder.
I would highly recommend. We have at least 3-4 cases of people cancelling, reordering, and shipping within days.

So with regards to mobile connectors. If you ordered before August cancel and reorder. They were using a different mobile connector package before mid august that is discontinued. It is a glitch in the system.
You know, I suspected there was a glitch in the system but never knew the reasoning behind it. Thanks for sharing that info ZZ - I just went ahead and cancelled my Jul 1 mobile charger order and reordered.

Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the info! This is helpful. Wasn’t quite sure initially since there had been a few posts (mostly on Reddit) with folks getting vins
Based on previous quarters it seems only west coast is the focus as of now unless someone drops their order and it is assigned to you in the area. I believe Tesla is done with east coast deliveries until next quarter

Reactions: RobertsM3SR
You're more than likely not included in the Q3 EOQ Push.

How Tesla operates:
Month 1 of a quarter: First 2 weeks are shut down for maintenance and upgrades. Do not expect to see new vins at this time. If there are any vins assigned, they're more than likely left over stock from the last quarter.

End of month 1 through Month 2 - Working through orders from East coast to west coast (priority to east coast).

Beginning of Month 3 - first week would be sort of the final shipment to east coast / central US. HEAVY focus on west coast in the last few weeks.

Tesla doesn't have a "sale" in their books until we pick up the car and pay them. They want their numbers to be good so they focus west coast at quarter end due to the fact that we can take delivery very shortly after production (less travel time)

I'm assuming you probably wont get a VIN until late October - early November.
Thank you, thank you! I appreciate the thorough explanation. This makes total sense. I’m sure what I was seeing were the rare outliers! Now I can at least somewhat prepare for the time frame of October or November now that I know their typical approach.

Reactions: RobertsM3SR
Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the info! This is helpful. Wasn’t quite sure initially since there had been a few posts (mostly on Reddit) with folks getting vins

Take a look at this post from @ZZ118 - explains it better than i couldve.
So for everyone not here last end of quarter push. Tomorrow starts the last month of the quarter. Historically there is a massive push from Tesla. If you are east coast and don't get a vin within the next week or so you are likely not in this push. This is because tesla needs to actually deliver the car to you to count as a sale. They don't like having orders sitting on the train or lot by the end of the month since they can't count this in the quarterly report.

However if you are west coast all bets are off. The next month make sure you are standby and ready to take your order asap. Tesla will not hold the car for you. Start getting insurance and financing ready because you can get a vin anytime and delivery same or next day. This applies to anyone on the west coast or is close enough to not require rail.

If you don't get a car by 9/30 expect to wait. The factory will go into maintenance road and no new cars will be made for about 2 weeks. October is not a good month for this reason. They will have a few left over cars they will ship but overall don't count on getting a car in October if you don't get it in September.

VIN!!!!!! 360xxx series. What does that series VIN mean?

New EDD: 9/18-9/23

Edit: no VIN “text message” from Tesla. Just refreshed the app and there it was. Now it allows me to submit proof of insurance, make the payment, and view all the contracts/docs

Boom! All the California orders getting VIN. So happy for everyone!

Truly congrats glad the wait is almost over. Time to pass the torch already:)

Boom!! Congrats!!

360 is the highest (aka newest) I have seen so far. IMO- higher=better.

Mine is 350 and I haven’t even been able to schedule pickup yet! Lol
Got the "schedule your delivery" text and email this morning, picking up the car this weekend! Will report back re: matrix headlights and whether mobile connector/voucher is included

So after driving for a few days (and taking off the rose glasses) I can say that EAP/FSD just is not worth it. Summon is cool but useless lol, autolane change is a little aggressive and I just don't see the benefit of navigate. I like driving the car more! I'll probably let my subscription expire next month. BUT in stop and go traffic autopilot is a game changer! It is wonderful, keeps about 1.5 car lengths in front and handles it amazingly well. Completely takes away any road rage and I just chill and drink my coffee. Cant believe that is standard! Also "filled up" today at a supercharger. Went from 15% to 90% in 35 minutes cost 17.01$. Going from 15 to like 45% however only took about 10 minutes so for a quick top off certainly do able. Good luck to everyone picking up soon!
I also charged at a super charger for about the same cost for about the same amount of charge. Amazingly enough, the same charge amount charging at home cost me $3.50 lol

If you plan a trip with the map in the car or online with Better Route Planner, you will find that there are so many superchargers that it will route you with several short stops for recharging.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
There is talk they may raise the rate another 100 basis points (1%) next week. Inflation is out of control. If I was a betting man I'd say the rates will be close to or above 5% by the next time they increase it. When I started this process in April I was quoted 2.29% (ended up getting 4.24% at delivery) so yeah...

Also they can technically raise rates after 30 days of a finance application but they rarely do. The application is valid for 60 days. When you agree to take delivery tesla will draft some preliminary papers up and at that point your rate should be locked.

* This is all tesla financing info
I don't think we will see the full 100 basis point increase. Inflation is actually leveled off and we risk going into deflation if the govt keeps doing what they are doing. Hopefully we see some relief from rate increases.

And just like that my order shipped. So clearly older orders have a bug. Can’t believe Tesla hasn’t resolved this
I think it has to do with the previous version of the mobile connector. They used to only come with the standard outlet adapter. Now they come with the standard outlet and a nema 14-50 adapter. But, yeah, Tesla needs to clear those languishing orders by shipping a new kit.

Honestly I was never provided that information. I think you just need full coverage, meaning collision and comprehensive. I don't think there is a deductible minimum. From my understanding, they just confirmed I had insurance on another vehicle and it wasn't expired. Hope that helps!
I called Adelfi today and their loan requirements for collision + comprehensive max is $1000 deductible = higher premiums