Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR AWR IHRA drag strip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

coleAK

Oct 23, 2018
Alaska
We went to the 1/4 mile with the LR AWD. Alaska speedway park in Palmer, AK. My wife’s first time running a 1/4 mile in anything. We’re running at 70-72% SOC. Consistently ran mid 12’s. Her Slowest time was 12.8, fastest was 12.13. We got some video, here are 2 of the runs unedited. She beat a modded challenger RT, stock challenger hellcat, heavily modded mustang SVT cobra and a Z06. When we get more edit time I’ll put some more up.

I’ll also add software is 2019.12.1.2, OEM MXM4’s at 42 PSI (cold), ~19 lb 18” Enkei rims (using the Aeros for winter set up). Another thing I observed is at least half her runs she was at 110 mph, I’m guessing the acceleration curve really starts leveling out.

12.13 on a LR AWD is amazing, can you post the time slip?
So funny thing since it was her first time at the strip she didn’t know that she was supposed to stop and pick up her slip after each run. Also it was 12.31 @112 mph, either my dyslexia or fat fingers got me last night at 11pm. That run and the one other Under 12.5 the wind shifted and she probably had a ~15 mph tail wind. I was also videoing from the stands. I’ll see you can see the time on the video.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
So funny thing since it was her first time at the strip she didn’t know that she was supposed to stop and pick up her slip after each run. Also it was 12.31 @112 mph, either my dyslexia or fat fingers got me last night at 11pm. That run and the one other Under 12.5 the wind shifted and she probably had a ~15 mph tail wind. I was also videoing from the stands. I’ll see you can see the time on the video.
That makes more sense. 12.31 may still be the fastest run documented in a LR AWD. it shows that anyone can drag race a Tesla effectively, even on your first trip to the track!

Her slowest time was 12.8. We got a 50a to 30a adapter so we can charge on the RV hookups there. In theory it should be even faster at 90% SOC.
There's a Supercharger on the way to the track, and the track is maybe 20 miles away, so I maybe would charge to 95% or so, so by the time I get there I should be at least still at 90%. I'd more than likely only do like 2-3 runs so I shouldn't drop below 80%.

There's a Supercharger on the way to the track, and the track is maybe 20 miles away, so I maybe would charge to 95% or so, so by the time I get there I should be at least still at 90%. I'd more than likely only do like 2-3 runs so I shouldn't drop below 80%.
Nice. We don’t have superchargers in the state and the track is 50 miles away. I left the house at 88% and arrived there at 74%. She did 9 full out passes on the strip and we left with 69% and arrived back home at 52%.

Nice. We don’t have superchargers in the state and the track is 50 miles away. I left the house at 88% and arrived there at 74%. She did 9 full out passes on the strip and we left with 69% and arrived back home at 52%.

Wow. So there’s definitely more potential. At 74% she absolutely isn’t at full power.

I suspect we’ll see a 12.2 this Summer

As a previous owner of all Z06s I’ve got to ask, which gen did she take down? lol

Thanks for this!

Best,
Gene