Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR being delivered Friday 20/11 - UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just make sure that everything that should be in the car is (type 2 cable, granny charger etc) Look for any obvious paintwork panel or interior issues (id recommend taking photos all round while the delivery person is there).

that's about it. if they're still doing touchless handovers, don't expect much, Tesla leeds didnt even check for any ID or paperwork before handing me two keycards and sending me on my way.....

My list of things...

Before delivery
  1. Watch the basic videos so you know what to expect
  2. Have a browse of the manual so you can setup the car the way you want it - things I remember:
    - speed limit chime is at least initially very useful set at slightly above speed limit to avoid annoyance, the car is v. fast!
    - all the safety assists on
    - alarm, tilt, intrusion on (UK)
    - mirrors, seat position, preferences on drive away lock / unlock etc
At Delivery
  1. Make sure car condition OK, take some photos
  2. Ensure the things that should come with a UK car were present (list from UK September 2020):
    - Towing eye in frunk
    - Emergency kit (first aid, triangle)
    - Tow bar (if ordered)
    - Charge kit: UMC+uk plug, Type 2 cable
    - interior carpet mats
    - 2x keycards
    - short mudguards fitted (and optional long flaps in boot)
  3. Install app & setup phone as key and bluetooth etc.
  4. [if desired] Ensure dashcam enabled on (now supplied, I think) usb drive.
  5. [if desired] Set sentry to activate when you're not at home (and define home in the navigation).
  6. Setup car as you want it - minimum seat & mirrors
  7. Check car charges from wall charger at delivery centre if parked in a bay with a charger
  8. Set the battery display to %, put your first destination in and try hitting the right button and saying "show energy graph".
After Leaving
  1. Drive car, wait for autopilot calibration (6 miles of M25 for me) and try autopilot carefully - it will seem to pull to one side as it centres in lane if you're like me and don't centre unless middle lane.
  2. Keep a key card on you in case phone / app failure
When you get home
  1. [if applicable] Make sure the car is parked where it can see wifi and get it on your wifi network.
  2. Update software if required when offered - I had several updates in a row. Note that recent ones add some great functionality like speed limit sign reading and options to have cruise engage at current speed not speed limit. The release notes will tell you all.
  3. [later ....] Check car charges and cables work before you get a surprise:
    - UMC on 13 pin socket (and that UMC works)
    - Type 2 cable (and that type 2 cable works)
    - A DC CCS charger, such as a supercharger.

Reactions: craigwbaker
My list of things...

Before delivery
  1. Watch the basic videos so you know what to expect
  2. Have a browse of the manual so you can setup the car the way you want it - things I remember:
    - speed limit chime is at least initially very useful set at slightly above speed limit to avoid annoyance, the car is v. fast!
    - all the safety assists on
    - alarm, tilt, intrusion on (UK)
    - mirrors, seat position, preferences on drive away lock / unlock etc
At Delivery
  1. Make sure car condition OK, take some photos
  2. Ensure the things that should come with a UK car were present (list from UK September 2020):
    - Towing eye in frunk
    - Emergency kit (first aid, triangle)
    - Tow bar (if ordered)
    - Charge kit: UMC+uk plug, Type 2 cable
    - interior carpet mats
    - 2x keycards
    - short mudguards fitted (and optional long flaps in boot)
  3. Install app & setup phone as key and bluetooth etc.
  4. [if desired] Ensure dashcam enabled on (now supplied, I think) usb drive.
  5. [if desired] Set sentry to activate when you're not at home (and define home in the navigation).
  6. Setup car as you want it - minimum seat & mirrors
  7. Check car charges from wall charger at delivery centre if parked in a bay with a charger
  8. Set the battery display to %, put your first destination in and try hitting the right button and saying "show energy graph".
After Leaving
  1. Drive car, wait for autopilot calibration (6 miles of M25 for me) and try autopilot carefully - it will seem to pull to one side as it centres in lane if you're like me and don't centre unless middle lane.
  2. Keep a key card on you in case phone / app failure
When you get home
  1. [if applicable] Make sure the car is parked where it can see wifi and get it on your wifi network.
  2. Update software if required when offered - I had several updates in a row. Note that recent ones add some great functionality like speed limit sign reading and options to have cruise engage at current speed not speed limit. The release notes will tell you all.
  3. [later ....] Check car charges and cables work before you get a surprise:
    - UMC on 13 pin socket (and that UMC works)
    - Type 2 cable (and that type 2 cable works)
    - A DC CCS charger, such as a supercharger.
Thanks so much, super useful post! Picking up my Model 3 Performance ion Leeds tomorrow, beyond excited