Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please post pictures and a review once you install these. Are they rubbery, or hard like Honda and Subaru molded OEM flaps?
According to the website, they are rubbery and soft looking, actually quite cheap looking. They require drilling into the Q.P. well flange. Not on my 3! Also, not full coverage underneath nor does it drop low enough behind the front wheel. They look like tiny parachutes behind the tires.
I think the posts about cheap 1/8" plastic need to look closer at this Chinese junk. Tsolutions and Rally Armour look better, protect way better and won't leave a bunch of holes in the QP when I tear them up with my foot on the accelerator.
Good luck tho, especially with the holes.

Reactions: jebinc
Yep, in a month or so, those beauties should arrive.... I look forward to reading the TMC member reviews and seeing install pictures. Installation instructions should be interesting as well, if they come with any. In the mean time, my rockers will have been protected from rock chips! :p

Mine arrived at JFK 4 days ago awaiting customs release. I’ll probably use some 3M Automotive tape between the flaps and the paint. Pictures later this week I hope.

I also ordered the flat ones through your group buy and will decide which set I like better and sell the other set or keep as a backup.

According to the website, they are rubbery and soft looking, actually quite cheap looking. They require drilling into the Q.P. well flange. Not on my 3! Also, not full coverage underneath nor does it drop low enough behind the front wheel. They look like tiny parachutes behind the tires.
I think the posts about cheap 1/8" plastic need to look closer at this Chinese junk. Tsolutions and Rally Armour look better, protect way better and won't leave a bunch of holes in the QP when I tear them up with my foot on the accelerator.
Good luck tho, especially with the holes.

the Taptes claims no drilling required so I’ll report back this week when I receive them.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Please post pictures and a review once you install these. Are they rubbery, or hard like Honda and Subaru molded OEM flaps?

They are hard plastic but still fairly flexible, fit is very good.

They are fairly easy to install, it use the original hole for everything except one screw for the front. ( I have put two because I miss aligned the first one.)

Turn your wheels to make the install easier, and pre drilled a small hole for where the screw goes. The back one also make use of a big bolt underneath the bumper so it's very solid.

IMG_20190728_122603.jpg
IMG_20190728_131644.jpg
IMG_20190728_133335.jpg
IMG_20190728_133354.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_122625.jpg
    IMG_20190728_122625.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Reactions: zannman and llluis
They are hard plastic but still fairly flexible, fit is very good.

They are fairly easy to install, it use the original hole for everything except one screw for the front. ( I have put two because I miss aligned the first one.)

Turn your wheels to make the install easier, and pre drilled a small hole for where the screw goes. The back one also make use of a big bolt underneath the bumper so it's very solid.

View attachment 435210 View attachment 435213 View attachment 435214 View attachment 435215

Thanks for sharing! Are the the Taptes or eBay flaps?

I was just looking at my rockers and I have lots of pits towards the bottom of the middle front doors. No salt on the roads here but I guess it's just from gravel. Damn, not sure if I should even bother protecting them at this point?
Your mudflaps should stop most of it, and if you haven't noticed it until now, only because you were looking at them, then it's probably not that a big deal.

Did you apply something to prevent rust in the hole you had to drill? They look pretty good, much more like an OEM option. Thanks for updating us.

It looks like he had to drill in to the wheel well plastic liner. Taptes claims no drilling required so if this is how the Taptes works, I'm not going to be too happy about that bit of false advertising. Yeah, I get it that it's only through plastic and not through sheet metal that can rust, but drilling is drilling. I'm hoping it's not required.

It looks like he had to drill in to the wheel well plastic liner. Taptes claims no drilling required so if this is how the Taptes works, I'm not going to be too happy about that bit of false advertising. Yeah, I get it that it's only through plastic and not through sheet metal that can rust, but drilling is drilling. I'm hoping it's not required.

Please post your TapTes experience. Thank you.

the Taptes claims no drilling required so I’ll report back this week when I receive them.
They do look nice. Especially the way they are fitted around the corner. This could be a bad thing if vibrations cause rubbing on the paint and you choose another style. I also wish the fronts were lower. The worst wear is between the wheel wells and it looks like about 1 1/2" below the rocker panel.
I do look forward to seeing how your install goes. The one above might have an extra screw in it although it doesn't look like metal was drilled into.
Good luck and have fun with it!

Reactions: jebinc
They do look nice. Especially the way they are fitted around the corner. This could be a bad thing if vibrations cause rubbing on the paint and you choose another style. I also wish the fronts were lower. The worst wear is between the wheel wells and it looks like about 1 1/2" below the rocker panel.
I do look forward to seeing how your install goes. The one above might have an extra screw in it although it doesn't look like metal was drilled into.
Good luck and have fun with it!

Thanks I'll definitely share pictures and thoughts on both types of mud flaps that I have coming in. As for the Taptes rubbing on paint, I will either use 3M automotive tape (if it's a wide enough gap) or 3M Paint Protection Film (if it's butting up against the body) to put as a layer between flap and paint.