Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 New Zealand sound system?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a standard sound system with the Shanghai built Model 3's being shipped to New Zealand? Premium Sound System?
speakers are there but not connected for RWD... I have RWD and got $60 harness plus 2 speaker set from Hanshaw and got it fitted by my detailing guy (it's DIY so can be done yourself easily), that wiring connects disconnected speakers seating around without wires and enables all speaker plus extra two speakers (can be mounted at rear of car for best effect) to deliver best output...

speakers are there but not connected for RWD... I have RWD and got $60 harness plus 2 speaker set from Hanshaw and got it fitted by my detailing guy (it's DIY so can be done yourself easily), that wiring connects disconnected speakers seating around without wires and enables all speaker plus extra two speakers (can be mounted at rear of car for best effect) to deliver best output...
Thanks. Will pass on to my buddy Max. So, (2) speakers are in place but not connected? Rear speakers?

Reactions: Audietron
Thanks. Will pass on to my buddy Max. So, (2) speakers are in place but not connected? Rear speakers?
2 extra speakers... there are multiple rear speakers and some front speakers not connected in RWD, as they are all active in premium audio only. this wiring connects all unused speakers.

This is what I got:

I believe the RWD is also missing the subwoofer

Reactions: Audietron
I am getting the standard range model 3 amd thinking about getting the speakers replaced new focal ones and add a sub, has anybody done this before? and how much has it cost you?
I didn't do any local as it was no brainer to waste internal speakers. therefore went for following option.
2 extra speakers... there are multiple rear speakers and some front speakers not connected in RWD, as they are all active in premium audio only. this wiring connects all unused speakers.

This is what I got:

They even got more speakers options and easy to install yourself (if confident to open plenty panels) or get installed for small cost... basically it enables all disconnected speaker in M3 RWD and adds new system to existing car system... therefore your Tesla warranty stays intact and you get more original experience with significantly improved music.

If you go for version A it gives you max you would ever want in this tiny cars.... plus if you are expert at sound, they have software allowing you to tune and manage speakers/sound.

Reactions: montybhai