Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 or used Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The white S75 caught my eye at $47k
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

As I wait for my Black Mid Range Model 3, what would be some arguments for going or not going with the used S75? Price and Range would be similar to a new MR 3. I have the following listed so far. Anything else you can think of to help me make my decision? Thank you.

Pros:
Lifetime Supercharging
Better color and rims than what I ordered
Preferable dashboard layout(imho)
Air Suspension
More interior room
Proper passive entry keyfob

Cons:
Used
Less warranty
Older Auto Pilot hardware?(would this car be upgradable to Auto Pilot 3.0 hardware? How would I make sure?)

BTW, would my Model 3 deposit be transferable to this purchase since it's via Tesla?
You can get a new AWD S for not much more after the tax incentives. Not sure if Hawaii offers anything though.
Unless you plan to charge only at superchargers, with the cost of power in Hawaii I would think the efficiency or a 3 would be an important factor. Then again, how far are you going to drive? :p AWD S is faster, will handle better in the rain, and more efficient. A new S will also have a faster computer / more usable screen than a 2016 model.

don’t do used.

There Was a Spring 2018 cutoff when Tesla switched from the NVIDIA tegra based touch screen to the much faster intel based touch screen.

In my experience. The speed in a NVIDIA VS INTEL touch screen is like iPhone 4 vs iPhone 7 speed.

That turned me off completely from older MS because the touch screen is the primary use item in the car

• Informative
Reactions: T-Will and Troy
Model 3 AWD owner.
Have driven a Model S 85 as a loaner.

I think my wife summed it up best...”It’s kind of like a Buick.”

It drives like a boat, The tech feels ancient, and lots of unnecessary styling in the interior. Overall a fine car, but the Model 3 is easily the better car.

Reactions: T-Will and Troy