Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 order gone backwards!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, long time lurker here just ordered a Model 3, my first Tesla, a couple of weeks ago.

My finance got approved last Wednesday and my Tesla account moved on to the stage where it says they are drafting your contract etc. - happy days.

However on Friday, it’s reverted back to as if I’d just ordered and says there is a technical issue fetching my payment details (see screenshot) - I can edit my design again as well now. Has something similar happened to anyone else out there?

98DBEF9D-A74A-4A03-BFB0-312B1C0576B8.png

Tried to call today but they seem rather busy at the moment :)

Just in case anyone else comes across this - managed to speak to them this morning and it was due to a discrepancy between my finance amount and the actual price of the car.

I ordered the sport wheels on an SR+ but when I applied for finance that option had gone so the loan amount was short by the cost of the upgrade for some reason!

Which is wierd because when I spoke to them they said they don't make the HP applications beyond a few basic checks until the VIN is allocated (so not to worry the page was stuck at 'application received'). Makes sense precisely because you can change spec prior to delivery..

No idea.. I'm not sure I entirely believe the tesla employee but with people in the US saying their finance wasn't confirmed until the day they picked up the car it wouldn't surprise me. Some people have had confirmations within a few days.. but maybe they just spoke to the right person at the right time, you can never tell with tesla.

That's a more sensible way to do it so completely confused why they couldn't tell me one way or the other yesterday.. they just made positive hints. As it is I could be left scrambling for finance at the left minute, but I'm hoping not (in that if it was going to fail it would have done so by now).

Reactions: -DB-
No idea.. I'm not sure I entirely believe the tesla employee but with people in the US saying their finance wasn't confirmed until the day they picked up the car it wouldn't surprise me.

That was my experience with buying my Model X. Tesla sales told me that finance with BH was approved the day after I ordered the car and then on delivery (6 months later) they were on the phone trying to confirm my details for final finance approval. So who knows what will happen with Model 3 finance.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
That was my experience with buying my Model X. Tesla sales told me that finance with BH was approved the day after I ordered the car and then on delivery (6 months later) they were on the phone trying to confirm my details for final finance approval. So who knows what will happen with Model 3 finance.
Maybe the finance offer only stands for X days (30?) and then they have resubmit as circumstances may have changed. Just a guess!

Hmmm that’s interesting... I lost the edit design button when they confirmed my finance was accepted but it’s back now since I started getting that red error message

Probably a coincidence. I lost my "edit design" button weeks before submitting a finance application. Then after the price reduction and new spec options on the P model I requested to change my configuration and then they re-instated the "edit design" button. I may have had a VIN allocated (reservation holder, existing Tesla owner etc) and then lost it after the changes, so I'm now free again to configure whatever spec I like.

As it is I could be left scrambling for finance at the left minute, but I'm hoping not (in that if it was going to fail it would have done so by now).

Yeah I'm hoping the same

Tesla rang me before to confirm my finance was approved (again - weird) and that I wanted to go ahead with it.
My red error message has now disappeared along with my Edit Design button. It now says "Your credit application has been received. We will contact you with details on your credit decision and terms." which is a bit odd as they've already said it's been approved twice!

Probably a coincidence. I lost my "edit design" button weeks before submitting a finance application. Then after the price reduction and new spec options on the P model I requested to change my configuration and then they re-instated the "edit design" button. I may have had a VIN allocated (reservation holder, existing Tesla owner etc) and then lost it after the changes, so I'm now free again to configure whatever spec I like.

I lost the “edit design” button the minute I removed the trade in offer and ticked the cash purchase box rather than finance. I don’t think I’ve had a VIN allocated but my order appears now to be locked in and unchangeable while they “draft my contract”.

I lost the “edit design” button the minute I removed the trade in offer and ticked the cash purchase box rather than finance. I don’t think I’ve had a VIN allocated but my order appears now to be locked in and unchangeable while they “draft my contract”.

Who knows? But I think you are 1 small step closer once the design is locked in. My original design (P+) was locked in at one stage without confirming finance and now open again (on request to make a change to P-). I'm deliberately holding my order progress back now to guarantee a September or later delivery. I've basically given up on getting a June/July car despite having a fairly long standing reservation and current owner status. I'm just sitting on my order now without submitting finance or registration details. They had been actively chasing me for those with multiple SMS before I changed to P- and I've heard nothing since, so I guess my original P+ was re-allocated and I'm now sat in line for a P- allocation.

Who knows? But I think you are 1 small step closer once the design is locked in. My original design (P+) was locked in at one stage without confirming finance and now open again (on request to make a change to P-). I'm deliberately holding my order progress back now to guarantee a September or later delivery. I've basically given up on getting a June/July car despite having a fairly long standing reservation and current owner status. I'm just sitting on my order now without submitting finance or registration details. They had been actively chasing me for those with multiple SMS before I changed to P- and I've heard nothing since, so I guess my original P+ was re-allocated and I'm now sat in line for a P- allocation.

The process is an interesting one. I submitted everything, prior to any chasing from Tesla, in terms of payment method, registration details and preferred delivery location (closest SC is Bristol but the only options they gave me were Birmingham or Heathrow). Now in waiting mode. I’d also prefer a September delivery actually, mainly because it’ll take 6-8 weeks to get the home charger installed and I see little point in getting the car before then. As a relative latecomer in terms of order (somewhere between 4,500 and 5,000 if I recall rightly) I think I’m safe on that front.