Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 P100D Exists? Is it possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am a frequent contributor to the M3OC forum and this is my first post here. I found a reference on Teslafi to a Model 3 P100D and I figured members here are more familiar with how Teslafi works and can help me debunk if this is real or not. Is the Model/battery info on Teslafi self reported or taken from the API stream? Could this possibly be a Model 3 P100D? The build it has installed IS a Model 3 specific build.

8F144C7A-72D4-4CE7-93B5-EE1E2D337726.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW
i am a frequent contributor to the M3OC forum and this is my first post here. I found a reference on Teslafi to a Model 3 P100D and I figured members here are more familiar with how Teslafi works and can help me debunk if this is real or not. Is the Model/battery info on Teslafi self reported or taken from the API stream? Could this possibly be a Model 3 P100D? The build it has installed IS a Model 3 specific build.

View attachment 268450

Interesting. Maybe a concept test mule? Trunk full of battery as well as the stock one?

Well, it doesn't sound completely impossible given the rumor of 130 kWh Model S/X. If true, a Model 3 topping out at 100 kWh might theoretically fit, hw-wise...

Perhaps a lot of our old info and assumptions about Model S/X/3 pack size and the new 21-70 cell have simply been wrong, maximg out at 100/100/75... perhaps they max out at 130/130/1300 on 21-70s instead...

A P100D Model 3 would also make sense if a higher-performance Model S/X P130D would come out first/at the same time...

Good point @HankLloydRight. Teslafi might suggest some manual input mistake too? I didn't really pay attention to the source, just the idea.

That said, automated collectors do collect data from unreleased devices all the time on the Internet. It isn't completely impossible such a collection might happen to a pre-release Tesla too.

I have no idea if Teslafi is such a service where such a thing could happen. But just talking the theory.

If his car is real, I suspect it will “disappear” real fast. Mistakes happen like an Apple employee leaving a prototype phone at Starbucks. The leaks get fixed real fast.

The drop down menu of possible models choices is VERY interesting. Of note, there are three M3s subscribed to Teslafi right now and NONE of them are listed as the 4 model choices in the drop down menu. Two are listed simply as “3” and then there’s the one mystery “3 P100D”.
77B3F074-6E52-4E5C-B097-132964375416.jpeg

@Jdeck -- care to comment on this? User input error, or does the API stream for this car actually indicate it's a P100D Model 3?

I suspect the former.
It was an error on my end. The user also has a P100D on their account which logged a few data points before being switched to log the model 3. Since the model 3 doesn't report trim_badging it wasn't replaced in the firmware database. I cleared it out and it's showing '3' now.