Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Passenger sensor screen doesn't turn on.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It always works for us to have the passenger touch the screen. Then it comes on and stays on.
Sometimes when I get in the car on the passenger side, the screen will turn on but be stuck on the charging screen. Touching the screen doesn't get it to leave the charging screen so I just push on the driver's seat cushion and then the screen changes and I can use it.

im pretty sure this was patched a few months ago and you can now just tap the screen.
All last week, we drove a 2019 Model 3 that was on the latest update. If I got in the car on the passenger side and the driver wasn't in the car, I still had to always push on the driver's seat cushion to enable the screen since tapping the screen didn't work. We sold our (5th) Model 3 in June so I can't confirm how it worked on that car, but at least some vehicles still require you to touch the seat.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Tonight my partner stayed in my car while it was charging while I went in some where. The car wouldn’t let him access the screen after he hit out and went to the bathroom. Even though he has his phone linked to the car. We never did figure out how to fix it so he had to sit there without being able to watch movies or anything. Any ideas! I’m on version 2021.44.30.21

Tonight my partner stayed in my car while it was charging while I went in some where. The car wouldn’t let him access the screen after he hit out and went to the bathroom. Even though he has his phone linked to the car. We never did figure out how to fix it so he had to sit there without being able to watch movies or anything. Any ideas! I’m on version 2021.44.30.21
That is an old software version. It the car connected to the network?

If the screen shuts off after the driver leaves, the passenger can just push down with a little pressure on the driver's seat and the screen will be available to use again.

Reactions: djchromatic