Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper blade for Model S passenger side?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've bought replacement wiper blades for my 2017 Model S: Bosch Aerotwins, via windscreenwipers.co.uk. (I imagined that entering my reg number would produce an accurate result.)

The one for the driver's side fits. But the one for the passenger side doesn't. I'm including a photo of the old one (left) and new one. The adapter for the old one doesn't fit the new blade (the adapter is too wide), and none of the new adapters fit into the arm of the wiper.

Hoping that someone knows the details here and can advise me how to proceed...

IMG_8116.jpg

I don’t know the answer, but wonder if the boxes the bladed were supplied in do?

When I got the Bosch blades for our Model 3, the boxes clearly states what car and side of the road they fitted. Maybe cross references with some web sites might give the correct pairing.

It might also be possible that the blade does indeed fit, but it’s not obvious how. I once had an aftermarket blade that I was convinced at first wasn’t correct even though the box said it was. It did fit in the end, but fitting was slightly different to what I was expecting. The box gave me the confidence that I should keep on trying the different adapters even if my back was telling me to stop.

What was the number of the blades you got?

When I replaced mine on my 2018 S I bought Bosch Aerotwins A524S, which have a 26” for the drivers side and 18” for passenger side. They went straight on, I didn’t have to change adapters or anything. I got mine from Wiper Blades 4U in September last year, £24.62 delivered.

So perhaps the ones you’ve been sent aren’t right for the car if they aren’t A524S’s 🤔

Hmmm …the AP17U looks like it’s listed at loads of places as being suitable for the passenger side so it should be ok (my pack contained 2 wipers, one drivers side and one passenger side).

The screenshot attached shows the one you’ve got should be ok, but needs adapter 2aa (which means nothing to me, I’m afraid).

BUT I do wonder whether there is a difference between RHD and LHD cars, where of course the passenger side is different. And may have a different arm?

IMG_0316.png