Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Pedestal Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another question, do people prefer the lip style spoiler (like one the M3P) to those I’d linked or no spoiler at all?
On the basis that a lip spoiler is there to detach the airflow and thus reduce drag but a wing spoiler is there to produce downforce and there by increase drag I prefer the former. On the basis neither of them probably do much at all anyway I still prefer none at all aesthetically. For me tacked on spoilers are like air horns and go faster stripes. tacky and pointless, sorry but you did ask.

On the basis that a lip spoiler is there to detach the airflow and thus reduce drag but a wing spoiler is there to produce downforce and there by increase drag I prefer the former. On the basis neither of them probably do much at all anyway I still prefer none at all aesthetically. For me tacked on spoilers are like air horns and go faster stripes. tacky and pointless, sorry but you did ask.
😆 I did indeed ask. This is my second M3 and the last one I kept stock. I do agree that large spoilers and wide body kits etc. can look terrible (depending of course on the car) and that was the reason for asking about anyone having gone with these smaller ones.

Have a look at this site.

Had a rear boot spoiler from them for my B8 S4 and was really pleased with the quality

Any deviation from factory standard is going to put the car on your insurer's radar and reduce the level of interest when you come to sell it. Outfits like Motorway and WBAC will offer a reduced value and fewer bidders. Given the price of the spoiler, not to mention the unknown costs associated with paint and fitment, it all seems like an unnecessary way to lose more money on a car not known for holding its value in the first place.

Have a look at this site.

Had a rear boot spoiler from them for my B8 S4 and was really pleased with the quality
I’ll have a look over these - thanks for the recommendation.

Any deviation from factory standard is going to put the car on your insurer's radar and reduce the level of interest when you come to sell it. Outfits like Motorway and WBAC will offer a reduced value and fewer bidders. Given the price of the spoiler, not to mention the unknown costs associated with paint and fitment, it all seems like an unnecessary way to lose more money on a car not known for holding its value in the first place.
I can see your point and it is likely a waste of money as I don’t gain anything from it other than the enjoyment of having a nicer looking car (in my opinion). Having said that I don’t really look at the cars I’ve had as any kind of investment and I’m planning on any mods being removable come sale time.

I can see your point and it is likely a waste of money as I don’t gain anything from it other than the enjoyment of having a nicer looking car (in my opinion). Having said that I don’t really look at the cars I’ve had as any kind of investment and I’m planning on any mods being removable come sale time.
I attached the spoiler on my S4 with 3M tape.
When I removed it I just used fishing line between the spoiler and the boot, peeled off the old tape and then just T-Cut the area it was attached to.

You’d never have known anything was ever there

Reactions: BushtrimmmerJr
Hi there,

I completely understand your desire to add a unique touch to your Model 3! I highly recommend CMST's new Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler Version 5.0. It features a striking carbon fiber finish that complements your black M3. Plus, you don't have to worry about painting it - it's ready to go.

NewRelease-CMSTTeslaModel3WidebodyWheelArches10Pcs-2-36ef6a58-84cf-49b1-a639-602c6db1b52c_1800x.jpg

NewRelease-CMSTTeslaModel3WidebodyWheelArches10Pcs-6-bfdb907d-8428-4869-8b0d-501bf922f5f2_1800x.jpg

NewRelease-CMSTTeslaModel3WidebodyWheelArches10Pcs-9-9b825869-e147-48e4-9b9e-cdc5939016f2_1800x.jpg

NewRelease-CMSTTeslaModel3WidebodyWheelArchesfrontlipreardiffusersplitterfenderhoodmirrorsideskirtswingspoiler-c45f7886-a7b1-42ba-bef7-52c8f21d9fd9_1800x.jpg

For more details, check out the CMST Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler Wing Ver. 5.0 here.

It just might be the unique touch you're looking for. Happy customizing!

Reactions: BushtrimmmerJr