Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance (2023) - Battery Capacity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't another batter degradation question ... hahaha. I tried searching the forum, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Does anyone know what the useable battery capacity for a 2023 Model 3 Performance is??

I recently charged to 80% and drove the car until it hit 3%. The car trip screen says a total of 44kwh were used, so that would mean my total usable capacity would be 57.14kwh (44kwh/77%). I remember reading somewhere that the battery pack was 82kwh, but maybe I'm wrong, just looking for feedback.

This isn't another batter degradation question ... hahaha. I tried searching the forum, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Does anyone know what the useable battery capacity for a 2023 Model 3 Performance is??

I recently charged to 80% and drove the car until it hit 3%. The car trip screen says a total of 44kwh were used, so that would mean my total usable capacity would be 57.14kwh (44kwh/77%). I remember reading somewhere that the battery pack was 82kwh, but maybe I'm wrong, just looking for feedback.

Approximately 80.7kWh will give you 315 rated miles.

I assume this trip was not continuous, and may have included some parking overnight. And the correct trip meter to use would be "Since Last Charge." (Not "Current Trip".)

Redo this measurement, but be sure to start driving immediately after charging to 80%, and don't stop until you get to 3% (no stops allowed!). I'd expect you'd get 61kWh or 62kWh on the "Since Last Charge" and "Current Trip"

The Trip screen for "Current Trip" resets after you park AND remove yourself from the driver's seat (probably opening the driver's door is required too).

You can stop if you must, but you have to turn off AC before parking and make the stop very brief (and then you look at "Since Last Charge").

None of the trip meters include any energy used while parked, which can be substantial. (In this case it appears to be about 17kWh which seems fairly high (though possible), so I do wonder whether the correct trip meter was referenced.)

Reactions: AAKEE
Upvote 0