Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 "Performance Brake Calipers" just red or different altogether?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one know what a 4 corner brake system is?
Does he mean only rotor in front is upgraded or the calipers too? what about the back?

4 corner = all 4 wheels.

Fronts will have larger rotors (2 piece) and Brembo calipers. Rear will have standard size rotor (also 2 piece from what I interpreted) with Brembo calipers.

Last edited:
That is the current understanding.
P has white interior option and 145 top speed/ higher power available drive units
P+ has 155 top speed, 20 inch tires and rims, adjusted suspension, better front rotors, four calipers, pads, pedals, and spoiler
I read that base P also gets the suspension lowering, but the performance package is required for the brake upgrades.

I read that base P also gets the suspension lowering, but the performance package is required for the brake upgrades.

Read where?

Elons post, read literaly, says the opposite.

He lists both the suspension lowering (a whole 0.39 inches! AND brake upgrade as in the performance upgrade package)

the only evidence for a different reading is people hanging their hat on how the car looks in the not-actual-pictures renders in the configurator... which is the same "evidence" those people were using a week ago to claim all P models came with a 1-2 inch drop and bigger brakes which turned out not to be accurate.

Read where?

Elons post, read literaly, says the opposite.

He lists both the suspension lowering (a whole 0.39 inches! AND brake upgrade as in the performance upgrade package)

the only evidence for a different reading is people hanging their hat on how the car looks in the not-actual-pictures renders in the configurator... which is the same "evidence" those people were using a week ago to claim all P models came with a 1-2 inch drop and bigger brakes which turned out not to be accurate.
(Performance version suspension is 1cm lower) & (has stronger brakes in upgrade package)
Parentheses mine from how I originally read it. It could definitely be taken either way. Elon really needs to work on his modifiers. The original tweet about AWD and performance having silicon carbide inverters has similar structural issues. I don’t really care either way. I’m getting P without Performance package. I don’t care about 20” wheels or track capable brakes. Suspension tune would be nice, but 1cm isn’t enough to get up in arms about.

Parentheses mine from how I originally read it. It could definitely be taken either way. Elon really needs to work on his modifiers. The original tweet about AWD and performance having silicon carbide inverters has similar structural issues. I don’t really care either way. I’m getting P without Performance package. I don’t care about 20” wheels or track capable brakes. Suspension tune would be nice, but 1cm isn’t enough to get up in arms about.
i read it as '(Performance version suspension is 1cm lower & has stronger brakes) (in upgrade package)'

Imgur

OyDPr6X.jpg

zZL2Gp3.jpg