Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As most of us are saying, and was confirmed to me by Bloxsport, 15mm will not clear the Uberturbines without trimming the factory studs. It’s not the problem of the spacer itself, it’s the length of the factory studs that will hit the back of the rim and will not allow the wheel to sit flush against the wheel spacer. Most say 18mm minimum is required to clear the wheels.

Danny is terrific so I don’t know. He told me the would fit mine too and they didn’t. Maybe you will get lucky. I would be surprised if they fit the Uberturines. Doesn’t hurt to try. To be clear I do not have Ubers but I have forgestar with nearly the same spec.

15mm Aspira Spacers will clear M3P Uberturbines.

IMG_1453.jpg

1628780622077.jpeg

Both of these cars are lowered and using 15mm Aspira Spacers all around.
Wheels can be the same spec but the hub pocket clearance aren't equal.

Danny

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood
Uberturbines 17.5mm deep hub pockets as measured by @AAKEE here.

Factory stud length on M3P = 32mm.
32-15 = 17mm.

Leaving you with 0.5mm of clearance in the hub pocket using 15mm spacers.

Danny
That's some tight clearances, lol. Good info, though, and I suppose I could measure my Uber wheel pockets before ordering 15mm's if/when the time comes (my 18mm look great now with 235's, but prob will look more poke-y when I get 245's). Not saying the info is wrong, but you never know if that wheel pocket was cut out exactly the same as the test wheel that was measured, especially when we are talking about a 0.5mm gap.

That's some tight clearances, lol. Good info, though, and I suppose I could measure my Uber wheel pockets before ordering 15mm's if/when the time comes (my 18mm look great now with 235's, but prob will look more poke-y when I get 245's). Not saying the info is wrong, but you never know if that wheel pocket was cut out exactly the same as the test wheel that was measured, especially when we are talking about a 0.5mm gap.
Yes I also believe there may be some variances in stud length that I have read about. Based on Danny’s post there’s a good chance they will fit.

*WARNING* 15MM TO REAR WITH UBERS!

Fitted 15mm to rear and 5mm to the front 2 weeks ago on my 21 m3p with ubers. Had issues with the 15mm on the rear, one side fit fine to the eye however the other side the factory studs made contact with the wheel and caused a gap between the wheel and spacer.

we swapped the wheels around and found that the pockets in the ubers wernt all a consistent depth.

even the side which fit ok by eye, when we removed the wheel there were witness marks where the factory studs made contact.

ended up having the shave about 2mm off the end of the studs on one side of the car on the rear to get them to fit

15mm however fit perfectly flush to the wheel arch in my opinion with the car being lowered roughly 30mm on h&r springs which is why i simply didnt just go for a wider spacer.

In my opinion its worth going for 15mm on the rear with factory ubers but be prepared to make modifications to your stock studs if need be.

Spacers used are 15mm bonoss, happy with the quality of them, they bolted on perfectly and measured at exactly 15mm using our gauge

Reactions: Lindenwood
*WARNING* 15MM TO REAR WITH UBERS!

Fitted 15mm to rear and 5mm to the front 2 weeks ago on my 21 m3p with ubers. Had issues with the 15mm on the rear, one side fit fine to the eye however the other side the factory studs made contact with the wheel and caused a gap between the wheel and spacer.

we swapped the wheels around and found that the pockets in the ubers wernt all a consistent depth.

even the side which fit ok by eye, when we removed the wheel there were witness marks where the factory studs made contact.

ended up having the shave about 2mm off the end of the studs on one side of the car on the rear to get them to fit

15mm however fit perfectly flush to the wheel arch in my opinion with the car being lowered roughly 30mm on h&r springs which is why i simply didnt just go for a wider spacer.

In my opinion its worth going for 15mm on the rear with factory ubers but be prepared to make modifications to your stock studs if need be.

Spacers used are 15mm bonoss, happy with the quality of them, they bolted on perfectly and measured at exactly 15mm using our gauge

I'll have to take a peek at that next time I have the wheels off. I did have my 15mm on the front at first, then moved them to the rear and didn't notice any witness marks, but I wasn't specifically looking for that.

I do have high speed runs and a decent amount of miles with these spacers on without any vibration, so I'm guessing if they contacted, they probably deformed the soft aluminum wheels and self clearanced.

So I found 3 out of 4 spacers (5mm) slipped off during install.

I took them all off but...
I now have vibration under braking, are my rotors warped?
How did they slip off?
I'm butting in, but I believe Ren means they slipped off of the hub while putting the wheel back on, and then when he torqued down the wheels, the spacers bent and cracked.
gotcha. Did they have the lip machined for the M3P?