Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Stealth lease ending July - struggling to decide on next car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've loved every minute of our Model 3 stealth (our 3rd Tesla) but with Covid changes that have happened, I work remote now, so we went down to 1 car. With that, our next car I'd like to be a bit more versatile. I have a reservation on Cybertruck as well as a Rivian. But I don't think either will be available by July.

I prefer to lease due to business write off but Rivian won't even lease. Any suggestions? I don't want a Ford, I don't like the X/Y look. Honestly, if I could buy the Model 3, I might, because I just love the stealth, it feels like a perfect blend of the performance without the inconveniences. But oh well, they won't let me buy it.

So what options do I have? I surf almost every day, and although I make it work in the Model 3, something more suited would be nice. Also if we're going to have to switch cars, I'd like to get more interior room. If we had 2 cars still, I would just go down to 1 car and wait until the best option was available....but since we don't anymore, come July, I'll have to get whatever is available. :(

2 years+ on from getting a stealth and there still isnt a better car on the market in my country

Yes I really love my stealth. Just to make sure, I looked through my lease agreement, and sure enough, in plain language it states you do not have the option to buy it out at end of lease. I guess I already knew that was in there, but was hoping. lol

Hopefully things change quite a bit in the next 7 months. That's still a lot of time and I'm hoping there are some good options for me to weigh at that time.

Reactions: RobDickinson
Get one of these. ;) If you can't find one of these VWs then any Subaru will do.
Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 3.00.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 3.00.02 PM.png

Honestly, most EVs are in short supply. All EV trucks are sold out for the next few years. Getting a Ioniq means getting shafted by a dealer. The only one that may be available at MSRP is the VW ID.4. Overall EV supply may not catch up until 2023. You may want to extend your lease by another 6 months.

Honestly, most EVs are in short supply. All EV trucks are sold out for the next few years. Getting a Ioniq means getting shafted by a dealer. The only one that may be available at MSRP is the VW ID.4. Overall EV supply may not catch up until 2023. You may want to extend your lease by another 6 months.

Thanks, and yes, that is another option we are considering. I will not complain having my stealth an extra 6 months, that's for sure!

How long will shortage of EVs last ?? I can only guess (your guess may be much better than mine).
This will give China makers a big opening in EV sales and Tesla too. All other will probably shrink, right?
Batteries the bottle neck for all - even Tesla.

Tesla shows MSRP price and the same price for all, including Musk and Tesla employees. StealerShips ?? not so much. If you have the money, go make your deal.

I guess premium models aren't that backed up order wise? If I were to just lease another performance model, it says delivery by next month if I order now. So I guess I have a few backup plans if no good truck option is available come July - 1) extend lease 2) just lease M3P again

If there's no option to buy it at the end of the lease, what's Tesla going to do with it?
Supposedly it was to turn them into robo taxi's I heard? But I doubt that's happening anytime soon, nor do I understand why they would need a stealth for that. But given the used car market prices, I bet they are pretty happy they will take them back and now be able to sell it at a much higher price than the residual.