Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance vs Model S 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model S feels like a 7 series while the Model 3 feels
No I understand that the S Performance is another leap in power, but in regular Ludicrous with no launch control - what is the 0-60 and 0-100? I can’t find the data online.
i think I’ve seen 2.6-2.8 seconds. I’ve felt the Ludicrous mode in the P100D and my car feels slow in comparison. That launch made me get tunnel vision :eek:

The Model S feels like a 7 series while the Model 3 feels

i think I’ve seen 2.6-2.8 seconds. I’ve felt the Ludicrous mode in the P100D and my car feels slow in comparison. That launch made me get tunnel vision :eek:
The quickest posted 0-60 time for a P100D "Non Raven", with Launch control enabled and Arachnid wheels was 2.275 seconds. The new Performance car is supposed to be even quicker. The lighter Arachnid wheels are supposed knock a tenth or so off. That was back in 2017, not sure if software has pushed the older P100ds even quicker.
2017 Tesla Model S P100D First Test: A New Record -- 0-60 MPH in 2.28 Seconds! - Motor Trend

Last edited:
The quickest posted 0-60 time for a P100D "Non Raven", with Launch control enabled and Arachnid wheels was 2.275 seconds. The new Performance car is supposed to be even quicker. The lighter Arachnid wheels are supposed knock a tenth or so off. That was back in 2017, not sure if software has pushed the older P100ds even quicker.
2017 Tesla Model S P100D First Test: A New Record -- 0-60 MPH in 2.28 Seconds! - Motor Trend

I don’t recall seeing anyone else achieve those times. More realistically it’s 2.65-2.83 without rollout. I’d imagine without Ludicrous+ it’s close to 3 seconds but I can’t find any data on that.

I don’t recall seeing anyone else achieve those times. More realistically it’s 2.65-2.83 without rollout. I’d imagine without Ludicrous+ it’s close to 3 seconds but I can’t find any data on that.

You have a very good imagination:rolleyes:. Here is a video of Tesla racing running 2.20 0-60 in Ludicrous Plus on the street but that car is stripped, the relevant part is where he runs 2.25 in regular Ludicrous, that’s not even a tenth of a second slower, only 5 100ths of a second difference on or off.
I keep telling you what Ludicrous Plus actually does, it preheats the battery for max performance, if the car has been driven and is already warm it doesn’t even have to warm it up, it really isn’t necessary unless you want to use the Launch control. It doesn’t matter if it’s a 3, an X or a S the battery temperature changes the max discharge rate. If you look at the Peak Kw on what you posted above it is 580.7 in and out of Launch control, just the distribution is different because the way the car loads torque against the squatted suspension with the brakes locked. The traction control prevents wheel spin so if it achieves the same output with or without launch very little changes. There is a little trick/glitch on the S and X that can be done to fully disable traction control, with drag slicks all around I’d guess the cars could probably push down closer to 2. I also just watched a few Drag Times videos of his older P100D running 0-60 in 2.52 with his battery only charged to 82 percent. If it makes you feel better you can "imagine" the P3 is faster and the S times aren’t relevant, just don’t line up next one. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arctic_White
You have a very good imagination:rolleyes:. Here is a video of Tesla racing running 2.20 0-60 in Ludicrous Plus on the street but that car is stripped, the relevant part is where he runs 2.25 in regular Ludicrous, that’s not even a tenth of a second slower, only 5 100ths of a second difference on or off.
I keep telling you what Ludicrous Plus actually does, it preheats the battery for max performance, if the car has been driven and is already warm it doesn’t even have to warm it up, it really isn’t necessary unless you want to use the Launch control. It doesn’t matter if it’s a 3, an X or a S the battery temperature changes the max discharge rate. If you look at the Peak Kw on what you posted above it is 580.7 in and out of Launch control, just the distribution is different because the way the car loads torque against the squatted suspension with the brakes locked. The traction control prevents wheel spin so if it achieves the same output with or without launch very little changes. There is a little trick/glitch on the S and X that can be done to fully disable traction control, with drag slicks all around I’d guess the cars could probably push down closer to 2. I also just watched a few Drag Times videos of his older P100D running 0-60 in 2.52 with his battery only charged to 82 percent. If it makes you feel better you can "imagine" the P3 is faster and the S times aren’t relevant, just don’t line up next one. ;)

I didn't watch the video, but what tires is that car running? And it's stripped? Looking at the Dragy world records, there's one bizarre Model S called a "818D" that did 2.08 seconds, so I'll discount that.

The rest are 2.48-2.83 without rollout, and that's the top 20, + mode launch I'd guess. Don't know the mods.

Again, I'm just asking for some kind of proof of a non-Ludicrous+ launch 0-60. You can keep telling me it's a tiny difference, but I'd like to see some actual evidence.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the video, but what tires is that car running? And it's stripped? Looking at the Dragy world records, there's one bizarre Model S called a "818D" that did 2.08 seconds, so I'll discount that.

The rest are 2.48-2.83 without rollout, and that's the top 20, + mode launch I'd guess. Don't know the mods.

Again, I'm just asking for some kind of proof of a non-Ludicrous+ launch 0-60. You can keep telling me it's a tiny difference, but I'd like to see some actual evidence.
I played with a P100D at a light and he pulled pretty good. Sorry but I felt my Performance 3 wasn’t close. I recall being 80% SOC too. When my buddy did a launch for me, he didn’t even use launch control. Just mashed the throttle in Ludicrous and it was ridiculously quick. Definitively faster than my P3.

I played with a P100D at a light and he pulled pretty good. Sorry but I felt my Performance 3 wasn’t close. I recall being 80% SOC too. When my buddy did a launch for me, he didn’t even use launch control. Just mashed the throttle in Ludicrous and it was ridiculously quick. Definitively faster than my P3.

Please don't confuse what I'm saying with the Model S Performance not being fast. The P100D will absolutely murder a Performance 3. It's not even close.