Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room [2020-2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After getting my VIN on Tuesday, I got the text saying it was my turn to schedule my delivery appointment. When I got home, I clicked the link. Promptly my joy turned to fear as I went to a screen that said "Sorry, there aren't any more appointments". It gave an 888 number to call Tesla, and I did.

I confirmed my account with Regina, a wonderful, helpful service rep, and she asked me when I wanted to schedule my pickup. (I'm in AZ and will go to the Mesa center) I chose Friday 2/25 at 2pm.

I asked a couple more questions to confirm everything looked okay with my status and then asked why I could get an appointment on the App. She said all appointments were taken but she just scheduled me in at 2pm. They only had one appointment per hour.

Can't wait for pick up tomorrow. I hope all goes well. I know I'm very luck to go through this process so fast -- less than 4 full weeks start to finish. I'll give one more update here this weekend.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I called Tesla yesterday, so see if i changed to another color, i could get the car quicker, and the phone goon said if i made a change, it resets the clock and i start over again at the back of the line.

Dunno how accurate that is, but that is how the conversation went. I am going to stick it out and wait.

Although, Eury's car looks absolutely incredible in red... 😯👍
Yikes , that’s brutal. All my SA has said is “we cannot tell you what would happen to your EDD until after you make the change.” Not really wanting to make that risk. I may just end up placing separate order for an M3P.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
After getting my VIN on Tuesday, I got the text saying it was my turn to schedule my delivery appointment. When I got home, I clicked the link. Promptly my joy turned to fear as I went to a screen that said "Sorry, there aren't any more appointments". It gave an 888 number to call Tesla, and I did.

I confirmed my account with Regina, a wonderful, helpful service rep, and she asked me when I wanted to schedule my pickup. (I'm in AZ and will go to the Mesa center) I chose Friday 2/25 at 2pm.

I asked a couple more questions to confirm everything looked okay with my status and then asked why I could get an appointment on the App. She said all appointments were taken but she just scheduled me in at 2pm. They only had one appointment per hour.

Can't wait for pick up tomorrow. I hope all goes well. I know I'm very luck to go through this process so fast -- less than 4 full weeks start to finish. I'll give one more update here this weekend.
You are certainly fortunate to have such a quick delivery and I am absolutely happy for you. I hope everything looks great on the car and nothing holds you up.

It seems most of the performance delivery times are about 6 weeks from order to delivery. That's why the latest dates seem confusing since people are already getting May-July EDDs. I know this is all computer generated and can change at any time, but I hope there isn't a major supply issue with the vehicle now.

Reactions: JDTitans
Yikes , that’s brutal. All my SA has said is “we cannot tell you what would happen to your EDD until after you make the change.” Not really wanting to make that risk. I may just end up placing separate order for an M3P.
My M3P order went in on 2/20, website saying “March 2022” delivery estimate. EDD came back as June 13- July 11 and is still holding there. Response to my text question on this was, “the EDD will change many times between now and delivery”. Also asked them to confirm that I had completed all tasks, which they did.

My M3P order went in on 2/20, website saying “March 2022” delivery estimate. EDD came back as June 13- July 11 and is still holding there. Response to my text question on this was, “the EDD will change many times between now and delivery”. Also asked them to confirm that I had completed all tasks, which they did.
We're in the same boat. My guess is it will update sometime next month and we will know if we are making the end-of-quarter or being pushed out further. I honestly don't think we'll be waiting until June. Did you order an MSM paint?

We're in the same boat. My guess is it will update sometime next month and we will know if we are making the end-of-quarter or being pushed out further. I honestly don't think we'll be waiting until June. Did you order an MSM paint?
I share the same hope. I ordered 2/6 MSM M3P and have an April 20 - May 18 target date. I say this in CT with another 6-10" of snow on the way so I think April delivery would be just about right for me. Of course I go out of town in April for 10 days so if I miss my delivery window it sounds like it could be a wait again.

I share the same hope. I ordered 2/6 MSM M3P and have an April 20 - May 18 target date. I say this in CT with another 6-10" of snow on the way so I think April delivery would be just about right for me. Of course I go out of town in April for 10 days so if I miss my delivery window it sounds like it could be a wait again.
I was surprised by my quick delivery (3/1) and now have to deal with weather for the hour and twenty-minute ride back to CT (forecast is for 40 degrees and clear) as well as the month of March. My detailing plans will wait for a couple of consecutive 55+ degree days. Maybe it will work out good for if you are also available for delivery in April.

I originally selected to pick the car up at the service center but they switched it to home delivery. Question for those that had home delivery - what type of truck was it delivered on? I live in a single family development on a dead end - if they bring a car carrier down here they will not be able to turn around (even a long trailer with three cars on it). I assume there is some communication with the driver prior to delivery?

Just ordered.:D

M3P Black/Black, No FSD
OD 2/24/22
Ugh. I expected it to push back but not that far from March.

tesla orderm3p.jpeg

I had my SA reach out to me to see if I wanted a car that became available. It was a Red/White M3P but it turns out it had 500 miles on it and had some sort of damage (that had been repaired). They would knock $2K off the price. I said thanks, but no thanks.

We talked briefly about my order (M3P, MSM, 2/6 OD, April 20 - May 18 EDD). This would be NY/Mt Kisco delivery. SA was a really nice guy. I asked that when I submitted it said March but then bumped me to April - May. He told me this is pretty normal with dates and builds and there is chance I may get a March delivery but not likely. If not March then because of when M3 is built I am really most likely looking at a late April VIN with a May delivery (2 weeks from CA to NY). So it does seem like my April 20 to May 18 EDD is going to be close. Not a huge deal to me with the Winter still going strong here even well into March but I think the March delivery Tesla gives us here on the East Coast is a little disingenuous.

The SA was a really nice guy. He is the same one I talked to before I ordered and had questions. He did ask my about colors and if another new M3P becomes available if I would be interested and I told him yes but only if brand new and not damaged.

Not sure if this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.