Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room [2020-2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M3P Blue/Black
Ordered: 1/15
EDD Jan - Feb --> Feb 3 - Mar 3 --> Feb 12-19
VIN Feb 1
Delivered Feb 15

Car came in much better condition than expected. A couple of minor quibbles, but nothing I'm too worried about. The car wasn't washed when I showed up to pick up the car. The SA said he would try to do me a favor by getting it washed. It was really hard to see if there were paint issues with a dirty car. I managed to get it washed about 2 hours after pickup time. Thankfully, no rattles. Fun to drive!

Ordered 1/24 (Blue/Black, Columbus, OH)
Original EDD Jan-Feb
EDD changed to Feb 15-Mar 15
EDD changed to Feb 19-Mar 5
Received VIN Feb 16 & EDD changed to Mar 1-Mar 8

Really hope it'll still qualify for the full tax credit!
I have the same order date and your first three EDDs, but still no VIN yet.
I have seen others get deliver dates sooner than final EDD date after getting a VIN. Here is hoping for deliveries before March 1...thats my optimism that something exciting will appear this weekend.

Thats crazy to be in the two week EDD and no VIN…I will be in the same spot this weekend so I am watching yours closely. Keep us posted when you get an update (VIN, new EDD or both!). Still hoping to take delivery before March 1 for tax credit.
I finally got my VIN yesterday, My EDD pushed from Feb19-Mar5 out to Mar6-Mar15. That is the last half of my original EDD of Feb15-Mar15

Received text to schedule delivery this morning. Selected next available time slot on Feb 22nd. Cant wait!!!
OD 1/19 M3P MSM Black interior | Tampa FL
EDD 1: Jan - Feb
EDD 2: Feb 15-Mar 15
EDD 3: Feb 26-Mar 7
EDD 4: Feb 20 - Mar 1
VIN received Feb 7
Delivery schedule notification Feb 17
Scheduled Delivery Feb 22

Reactions: hobertg
I was able to grab an inventory M3P in a different color today out of Austin. What's odd to me is when I asked why the delivery time frame is so far away (March 1-8) they told me it's still in transit. So inventory is really not inventory when it comes to Tesla? Is that par for the course for inventory vehicles? I was hoping I'd be able to pick it before March so I don't have to deal with the uncertainty of the federal rebate process.

Order date 1/27
Vin 2/17 (inventory)
Houston TX

Check to see if you can do a lease extension. Tesla allows it through the app. If I recall correctly.

I already did the extension. My original lease expired in September. I did the 6 month extension and that expires in March. There are no more extensions and no option to buy. I have to give it back March 22 whether I have the new one or not.

If my new one isn’t ready I'm going to have to rent a car. 🙁

i thought giving them 2 full months would be enough time, given that the estimate on the site still said Jan-Feb when I ordered, but now I'm starting to worry.

I already did the extension. My original lease expired in September. I did the 6 month extension and that expires in March. There are no more extensions and no option to buy. I have to give it back March 22 whether I have the new one or not.

If my new one isn’t ready I'm going to have to rent a car. 🙁

i thought giving them 2 full months would be enough time, given that the estimate on the site still said Jan-Feb when I ordered, but now I'm starting to worry.
If you were in Utah I'd let you borrow one of my cars for a bit.

Just got this text, "Hi Andrew, great news! We expect your Model 3 VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app."

Anyone get a same or similar text? I'm feeling like this is a bad dream or a prank... why they keep playing with my emotions lol

Reactions: tommatzdorf
Status
Not open for further replies.