Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 price dropped by $500 [02.03.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked online, and Tesla dropped the price of the M3 by $500. I checked the app and my final price has been adjusted and is now $500 less than the cashiers check I have ready for pickup on Monday.
So they raised the price of the MY by another $1500 tonight, and dropped the price of the M3 by $500.
I’m not complaining…

Reactions: RedY23 and house9
I am surprised to see the Model 3 price drop. The Model Y price increase was to be expected.

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (3).png

Tesla Model Y Base Price History (5).png

• Informative
Reactions: Aellinsar
Performance still the same
Performance is 1000 more than I paid for it a few weeks ago. That make me happy because i spent about 1000 to install(on my own) the wall charger, and buy some must have accessories. But its crazy how prices have been fluctuating. Its still the best value all electric around. This is my first EV and I looked at all the other ones around.
MachE cant even compete. Has more buttons inside (who cares) but you have to load it with features to have the same/less as a tesla and it ends up costing more. Also takes 6 months to get one unless you want to be gauged by the dealer. I noticed the battery life on the MachE sucks also and no were the support Tesla has for charging. In summary get a Tesla before they raise the price again :).

Reactions: Wahiawahi
This is my fear… buying a Tesla is the car buying version of gambling.
Tesla buyers are gamblers by nature. New experimental tech, variable pricing etc. but then one Gambles at the POS dealerships. buy a Ford that starts at 40000 and by the time you get nickel and dimed at the dealership and have a door type selected and cruise control and 2 3 or 4 cameras you pay more… than for a much better Tesla.
Dealer prices change often as well but who knows when they have 20 features you can mix and match which change the price by 15000

Reactions: Wahiawahi
Performance is 1000 more than I paid for it a few weeks ago. That make me happy because i spent about 1000 to install(on my own) the wall charger, and buy some must have accessories. But its crazy how prices have been fluctuating. Its still the best value all electric around. This is my first EV and I looked at all the other ones around.
MachE cant even compete. Has more buttons inside (who cares) but you have to load it with features to have the same/less as a tesla and it ends up costing more. Also takes 6 months to get one unless you want to be gauged by the dealer. I noticed the battery life on the MachE sucks also and no were the support Tesla has for charging. In summary get a Tesla before they raise the price again :).
Order 13th its same price

Seems applicable only to the RWD model which makes sense as there were loads of these in existing inventory for quite awhile. I cannot even see the current price for the long range as there are none at all whatsoever in existing inventory. Curious if this small discount will make a significant dent to the existing inventory for the RWD.

I paid my order fee Friday, just a couple hours before the $500 price drop. I pick up my Model 3 on Thursday. I contacted Tech Advisor today to get the final price for my loan and he's still quoting the original price. He won't give me a break down until after I have the loan information entered into Tesla's app, which I can't get without the break down. Did anyone who has taken delivery since Friday not get the $500 discount?

I paid my order fee for SR Model 3 Friday night before the price drop. I take delivery on Thursday. I have been unable to get a written break down from the Tech Advisor but he is quoting me the same price it was on my order. Was everyone able to get the $500 back if they had not accepted delivery yet?

I paid my order fee Friday, just a couple hours before the $500 price drop. I pick up my Model 3 on Thursday. I contacted Tech Advisor today to get the final price for my loan and he's still quoting the original price. He won't give me a break down until after I have the loan information entered into Tesla's app, which I can't get without the break down. Did anyone who has taken delivery since Friday not get the $500 discount?
I just picked mine up about an hour ago. I had the cashiers check already made out for the higher amount, so the SA said Tesla will mail me a refund check for the $500 in 6-8 weeks.

I have a friend in SoCal with M3 RWD on order (ETA 2/18-2/25) and an assigned VIN. They asked the service center this morning about cost adjustment, Tesla responded: "we're awaiting an update from HQ on this one. We are unsure whether or not Tesla will be changing the pricing on existing orders at this time."