Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 price dropped by $500 [02.03.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of buying model 3 but not sure if i should buy it now or is it better to buy after the reveal of redesign. Was hoping to get a Y model but wait is so long to not legible for tax credit. Need your two cents
Nobody knows what the changes will be in the M3 update. Could be minor or major, who knows. We also don’t know when they will be available, could be days weeks or months. Price right now is incredible on M3 if you qualify for federal tax credit. You might be able to find a Y before end of March, talk to your service center and keep an eye on local inventory.

Thanks flyingtypeS,
I really appreciate you answering. I would love to have a Y but see no inventory as of now from last couple of weeks. There were couple of them with standard range with newer battery. But i wasnt sure about them.
I ll keep an eye if i can get my hands on a y model. Or what do you guys prefer 3 or Y?

Thanks flyingtypeS,
I really appreciate you answering. I would love to have a Y but see no inventory as of now from last couple of weeks. There were couple of them with standard range with newer battery. But i wasnt sure about them.
I ll keep an eye if i can get my hands on a y model. Or what do you guys prefer 3 or Y?
I’d recommend you go look at both at a service center, drive em, etc. determine which is best for you. Both are great and each have their strengths.

I’d recommend you go look at both at a service center, drive em, etc. determine which is best for you. Both are great and each have their strengths.
I test drove the model 3
It was bit of a different drive than a regular ice vehicle in a good way. I liked how it drove. They didnt have any Y in stock for test drive but i got a chance to look inside it.
For me its just a bit roomier. Other than that it seemed alike.
The thing which is holding me back is the redesign of model 3 in coming months.
We have a 7 seater mdx for longer road trips. So range isnt a big deal for us.
But I dont want to see model 3 getting a face lift and having a car which is out dated.
New to tesla family so excuse my concerns

Some think we'll learn more about the Model 3 redesign at the March 1st "Investor's Day" event.

The cars are rumored to be getting a new faster computer called "hardware 4." It may pay to wait a bit and ensure you get the redesigned model.
Do note: if waiting for a refresh (or redesign), there will likely be a price increase. See the price jump for the Model S in early 2021 with the refresh announcement.
Tesla Model S Base Price History (5).png

If HW4 (and EAP or FSD) is important, then waiting may be ok. If price, then now may a good time to buy. The Standard Range version is currently a great value.

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (7).png

Reactions: toron2nashvile
Do note: if waiting for a refresh (or redesign), there will likely be a price increase. See the price jump for the Model S in early 2021 with the refresh announcement.
View attachment 910219

If HW4 (and EAP or FSD) is important, then waiting may be ok. If price, then now may a good time to buy. The Standard Range version is currently a great value.

View attachment 910227

Good summary. Probably need to factor in resale value, though. Presumably, the newer model will have a higher resale value down the line.