Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Price Increases! $500 for SR+ and LRAWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
SR+ and LR AWD increased by $500 each to $39,990 and $48,990.

Performance models are unchanged.

Shipping an inventory vehicle from a delivery center to your delivery center is now $4000. This used to be $2,000.

Anyone who got in before the price increase, needs to write Tesla a check for $500 (unless you were P)

That is how this works right??

SR+ and LR AWD increased by $500 each to $39,990 and $48,990.

Performance models are unchanged.

Shipping an inventory vehicle from a delivery center to your delivery center is now $4000. This used to be $2,000.

Anyone who got in before the price increase, needs to write Tesla a check for $500 (unless you were P)

That is how this works right??
Thank you for realizing that performance owners need a huge check cut to them from Tesla.

Thank you for realizing that performance owners need a huge check cut to them from Tesla.

They got one. $5000 worth. Even the ones who didn't buy the performance upgrade package in the first place.

The ones who paid the most for Ps also got a nice $7500 government tax credit that's mostly gone now (and entirely gone in a few weeks).

Not to mention all the bits of hardware earlier P buyers got that new ones don't get anymore (homelink, 14-50 adapter, frunk carpet, apparently now frunk hooks and door lights and dead pedal, etc...)

Weird how P owners get this math wrong so much.

The $500 increase gives Tesla a little more wiggle room just in case demand softens next year and they have to adjust prices. But I’m leaning toward thinking that Tesla will not decrease prices next year, at least not in the first couple months of the year. January and February will be focused on international deliveries anyway. If things slow down in March we may see some small incentives come back, but they may just be extra supercharger miles or something similar.

For those of you who have not purchased yet a price increase is never welcome. But Tesla needs to charge more for their vehicles so that they can make sustainable profits while expanding their service and support capabilities to keep existing owners happy.

I'll wager Tesla will lower prices as they have in the past when Federal tax incentives expire or are reduced, so the net price of a Tesla will remain similar to what it was before the Federal tax incentive reduction. Thus, the $500 increase will largely be offset.

Time will tell.

Reactions: MikeR55
No chance of delivery by 12/31 correct?

I was told no chance- then sales guy called me back and said very good chance- but I'm in LA. Usually I'd pick up in Burbank which is 5 miles from me- but they didn't offer that so now it's Marina Del Rey which is 90 min from me (20 -25 without traffic)

Hope is it comes in before the 31st. If not- I'll probably not take delivery and wait to see what incentives are offered in the next quarter or so

Reactions: UCF3
Supply and demand… Right now they are selling a lot of them, and they can get it. The SR + is still the best value on the road IMHO, and they have to profit somewhere. I would expect a price drop at the first of the year, and another following serial production of the Model Y.