Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rear fan won't stay on!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kelvin 660

White SR+ with LFP battery
Aug 21, 2020
Stonehouse
I've recently noticed that the rear fan is not blowing cold air and that I have to go into the HVAC screen to turn it on. However next time I get into the car it will be turned off! I'm sure it used to blow cold air when the seat belts are plugged in (which they all are). So now our small dog is getting very hot, if we forget to check if the air is blowing...
Anyone know of a work around for this problem as it's getting annoying to have to go into the HVAC screens to turn it on?

I've recently noticed that the rear fan is not blowing cold air and that I have to go into the HVAC screen to turn it on. However next time I get into the car it will be turned off! I'm sure it used to blow cold air when the seat belts are plugged in (which they all are). So now our small dog is getting very hot, if we forget to check if the air is blowing...
Anyone know of a work around for this problem as it's getting annoying to have to go into the HVAC screens to turn it on?
I think it has weight sensors in the rear seats and only turns on the rear fan when it senses a passenger in the back. Not 100% certain but that's how it seems to work in ours.

Reactions: Lord Farquad