Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Rearview Mirror distortion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been driving my new Model 3 for last 3 days. I have noticed significant distortion in the rearview mirror (and even the side mirrors to a degree). I assume it has something to do with glare/night driving, but it is almost double images of headlights and whatnot.

Anybody else notice this? Normal?

Anybody else think it is a little too much?

yes, I have this problem too. Looking straight on through the windscreen has no issues, but if I look even a little sideways, I notice doubles of lights. So I guess I am not really that concerned about the rear view and side view mirrors right now :)

yes, I have this problem too. Looking straight on through the windscreen has no issues, but if I look even a little sideways, I notice doubles of lights. So I guess I am not really that concerned about the rear view and side view mirrors right now :)
Wow, so you think your actual windshield glass has distortion!? Luckily, I dont notice that.

Just the mirrors. Granted the back window is very small, but its annoying to see double lights.

I have found two possible contributing factors. First, if you turn on the rear window defroster, that definitely causes distortion. But once the defroster is turned off and the heating elements cool down, the distortion goes away. Second, have you had your windows tinted? I noticed a slight increase in night-time distortion after my windows were tinted. I have a very light tint, so I am guessing that the darker the tint, the greater the amount of distortion.