Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 reset to defaults on Christmas morning!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went out to my car to check if there were any updates - there weren't.. but my car appears to have reset all of its settings to defaults .. the car thinks its 3:00am (its 11am here in the UK at the moment) and it thinks its at Tesla HQ in palo alto!

Anyone else have this issue?

Went out to my car to check if there were any updates - there weren't.. but my car appears to have reset all of its settings to defaults .. the car thinks its 3:00am (its 11am here in the UK at the moment) and it thinks its at Tesla HQ in palo alto!

Anyone else have this issue?
This may or may not be related to a navigation update either in progress or pending. Seems the fallback for this is for the car to “think” it’s back at home in the factory.

What version software are you running? Some comments about 48.12.1 being rushed out was to fix a bug in an earlier version (I assumed 48.12 but maybe also 48.10.x) that caused some cars to revert back to default settings which sounds like what you are experiencing.

Im on 2020.48.12.1

Worrying, that version is the rumoured fix.

It is downloading a navigation data update now..

I wonder if the nav update is just as a result of losing everything. No sign of a general nav rollout that I have noticed. Presumably you were on EU-2019.21-12489 before this, and I'm guessing will still be on that when this nav update has finished?