Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Roof Rack Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks mate, good info. Was thinking about the Skybox Lo version, same weight as the 18, but lower profile so less drag in theory... so I'm not sure?
You're very welcome! You may want to compare the front cross section of the two boxes. It won't be the complete picture of their comparative drag, but it tells much of the story. When I was shopping too, I came up with the following for the SkyBox 18 Carbonite: 36 inches wide X 16 inches tall = 576 square inches facing the wind.

576 square inches facing the wind.
If it is one thing the infamous reverse roof box video made clear is that the trailing edge is where more drag is created.

I'd love to hear more people's experiences, but I've pretty much settled on the Skybox Lo. Local businesses are trying to push me to get a Thule for more than twice the price and heavier. Given the ~68kg total load limit on the racks, every kg in the box itself is mass we can't put in it. (but I'd always prioritise bulky but not heavy items in it due to centre of gravity)