Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So .. I’ve got some maybe good news too?
I spoke to tesla chat today, they have said that I have a VIN assigned to me now!
I did ask if they would give me this in full but they said they can’t? Does this sound right to people?
I don’t want to get my hopes up otherwise!

Reactions: LoneRanger
So .. I’ve got some maybe good news too?
I spoke to tesla chat today, they have said that I have a VIN assigned to me now!
I did ask if they would give me this in full but they said they can’t? Does this sound right to people?
I don’t want to get my hopes up otherwise!
Yeah they don't like to hand them out in full. Do you have an order page you should be able to see it if you search for a hidden vin

Evening all, can some one please claify the order of events. As I am reading that people are being given VINS but not not received 'Tesla Vision' text or people being given pick up dates etc. Just wondering which order stuff comes in. As after waiting 8 months and thinking I'm on the homeward straight I am reading other people experiences and my own situation seems to be different.

I have not yet been given a Vin Or non is showing on my account - but I can see one in the source code when I search. I have also got the 'Tesla Vision' text and the "we are calculating your delivery" text. In what time frame do I get the VIN showing on my account and how longer after the "calculation" text do you receive the text to invite you to take delivery. Plus at what stage do they offer me a new trade in price.

Thanks. EDD is now 5th to 20th Dec

Evening all, can some one please claify the order of events. As I am reading that people are being given VINS but not not received 'Tesla Vision' text or people being given pick up dates etc. Just wondering which order stuff comes in. As after waiting 8 months and thinking I'm on the homeward straight I am reading other people experiences and my own situation seems to be different.

I have not yet been given a Vin Or non is showing on my account - but I can see one in the source code when I search. I have also got the 'Tesla Vision' text and the "we are calculating your delivery" text. In what time frame do I get the VIN showing on my account and how longer after the "calculation" text do you receive the text to invite you to take delivery. Plus at what stage do they offer me a new trade in price.

Thanks. EDD is now 5th to 20th Dec
Your experience is the same as mine, I had to accept Tesla vision and now I have a hidden vin.

My understanding is Delivery texts/invites etc will happen when the ship (in my case Morning Chorus) is approaching the Suez Canal and they are reasonably confident of having the cars in place with us in time.

I can’t help with trade in as I don’t have a trade in.

Your experience is the same as mine, I had to accept Tesla vision and now I have a hidden vin.

My understanding is Delivery texts/invites etc will happen when the ship (in my case Morning Chorus) is approaching the Suez Canal and they are reasonably confident of having the cars in place with us in time.

I can’t help with trade in as I don’t have a trade in.
I’ve had a hidden VIN since last Saturday and then the get ready text, but Jack 💩 about USS or Tesla vision. EDD stays the same, I think I’m wandering around the abyss, probably a bit like my ship 🤷‍♂️

I just don’t get how they can tell me in one breath I definitely have a car on the way and the next day I’m not assigned one but might be Dec. Bearing in mind my order date is now amongst lots of assigned vin orders. Did the second just not look or what..

Attachments

• 43FEE173-8FDD-4FC9-ACFE-86C3709A0ED0.jpeg
    43FEE173-8FDD-4FC9-ACFE-86C3709A0ED0.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 53
I just don’t get how they can tell me in one breath I definitely have a car on the way and the next day I’m not assigned one but might be Dec. Bearing in mind my order date is now amongst lots of assigned vin orders. Did the second just not look or what..
“A vehicle is on the way” is very different to a vehicle has been assigned to you and we have a vin

If you have an EDD a vehicle is technically on the way.

Can you chase the lease company they may have more detail?

“A vehicle is on the way” is very different to a vehicle has been assigned to you and we have a vin

If you have an EDD a vehicle is technically on the way.

Can you chase the lease company they may have more detail?
There was more to the chat that I didn’t screenshot after but if it’s on the way then it has to be assigned or they wouldn’t know it’s on the way? 😂 It would just be your edd is Dec etc.
lease company said the day before that chat they hadn’t had their update.

An EDD only means you have placed an order. A vehicle is on the way means you have been soft matched to a vehicle that has actually been built.
That’s all semantics I think the words Tesla use in a chat is not safe to interpret as evidenced by the fact the next day they said they hadn’t been soft matched.

I don’t think it’s wrong for someone to say “would you like to go looking at cars today?” “No thank you, I have a Tesla on the way”

Doesn’t mean it’s on the boat, just means it’s coming - if it’s not coming after it’s ordered what’s the point in the order.

I’m pretty sure chat don’t assume you’re tracking ships and vins.

If one chat you asked do I have a vin? Do I have. A car assigned and the answer was no that would be the one I trust.

“no you don’t but one is on the way” perhaps? 😅

I’m not having a go here or trying to be difficult in just offering a suggestion why it feels like you can be told something one day and what feels like something else the next day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcon22
That’s all semantics I think the words Tesla use in a chat is not safe to interpret as evidenced by the fact the next day they said they hadn’t been soft matched.

I don’t think it’s wrong for someone to say “would you like to go looking at cars today?” “No thank you, I have a Tesla on the way”

Doesn’t mean it’s on the boat, just means it’s coming - if it’s not coming after it’s ordered what’s the point in the order.

I’m pretty sure chat don’t assume you’re tracking ships and vins.

If one chat you asked do I have a vin? Do I have. A car assigned and the answer was no that would be the one I trust.

“no you don’t but one is on the way” perhaps? 😅

I’m not having a go here or trying to be difficult in just offering a suggestion why it feels like you can be told something one day and what feels like something else the next day.
Just sums up the order journey really, no one really knowing 😂
I’m taking the first guys words as the truth because logically (yes I’m using that word when talking about Tesla) there must be one on the way lol.

Reactions: Danzr