Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the final message from me on this topic, energy prices have been increasing since August last year, energy companies were going bust in Q4 last year due to rising costs. Russia had been amassing troops on the Ukrainian border since November, covid was rising again in parts of the world in January........... those are 3 variables that happened before you ordered your car. I've not even mentioned how the energy cap was already announced to be increased in March prior to the orders. I repeat again that we knew what we were letting ourselves in for.

The only thing we did not predict is how model 3 RWD production would effectively cease for us mortals in the UK.

Economist by trade here by the way.

Hopefully we now drop this topic.
I’m definitely by no means an expert! But when I received my car last year I called to ask why the speaker in the boot didn’t work and they said there actually aren’t any in the sr+ but because of production it appears that there are because it’s the same parts in the models which do have them! Hope that helps, although I’m still unsure if that is the right thing.

Reactions: M3UK
I don’t want to intrude into anybody’s financial situation but surely If the increase in electricity costs is making you think twice about your Tesla order was it really a wise decision in the first place?
Not really the point we order our cars 9 months ago when there was no energy crisis. Looks like the government is going to help us for 18 months and freeze our tariffs to ride us through the storm. Anyway anyone expecting their cars this quarter ordered in January?

@Algeron45 my concern here is that you are teetering on the verge of misinformation and/or trying to rewrite history. I ask you in a very polite manner to fact check any comments you wish to make as your assumptions and opinions alone do not carry much weight.
What I say has been checked and all over the media and has the weight of the general public's concerns. Not a good look to get personal. Anyway back to waiting for the car.

Last edited:
@Algeron45 happy to take this on private messaging as I don't want to clog up the thread. I'll send you a list of questions if you would like to answer and provide proof and then we'll agree that I was right.
Just look at the news or check your energy suppliers estimate for your property. Mines on £380 pm for the last cap. Presently £76 pm. Big message on Octopus site saying we will get back to you in 10 days with more news. Anyway looks like we are saved with the government help.

I won't debate with you if you are unwilling to accept facts. But I have provided you with a link below to Zap Map to calculate your running costs - if you are currently leasing or financing a car you can add the sum to it manually Journey Cost Calculator: Compare electric car running cost with petrol or diesel

if you do find the answers to my questions that I have asked here and on private message then feel free to share them and we can agree that I am correct and you have simply misunderstood everything.

Lets keep the debate on here and then everyone can contribute.

No point constantly repeating yourself Algeron

Not everyone is in same financial position. You have gone on and on about “how expensive the monthly’s are on a Y” across multiple threads but fail to see £500-1000 a month for some people is not much money.

Not everyone cares about the price rises

Imagine telling a billionaire he shouldn’t purchase the 50m pound home because his energy rates are going up
No point constantly repeating yourself Algeron

Not everyone is in same financial position. You have gone on and on about “how expensive the monthly’s are on a Y” across multiple threads but fail to see £500-1000 a month for some people is not much money.

Not everyone cares about the price rises
Many do.

Last edited:
I won't debate with you if you are unwilling to accept facts. But I have provided you with a link below to Zap Map to calculate your running costs - if you are currently leasing or financing a car you can add the sum to it manually Journey Cost Calculator: Compare electric car running cost with petrol or diesel

if you do find the answers to my questions that I have asked here and on private message then feel free to share them and we can agree that I am correct and you have simply misunderstood everything.
The facts as you say are with the energy suppliers with the recent cap increase and even wealthy people like me have homes to heat and have to consider if its worth continuing with an EV.