Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think all RWDs to date have the current motor. Only the SR+ model would have had the old motor, and a few of the last ones had the new motor.
I am not entirely sure however, given it was faster, most likley the 3D6.
Just throwing this in from a practical perspective. Currently own a 21 Sr+ and have a RWD on order. I did test drive the RWD and was intrigued about the acceleration difference (was mainly the range/100% charge that made me want to change)
There is a change in the initial jolt when you put your foot down. But both still fun to drive :)
And I will say still a year on I love driving the car, always puts a smile on my face!

Worth the wait!

And also longer delivery dates, who knows we may even get extra updates!

I’m sure this thread will be alive and kicking at the first sign of some movement!!!

I have sort of accepted that delivery won’t be happening before September at the earliest.

There are some RWD orders with a Q3 delivery estimate. I assume my EDD will be on the move if this is the case… Assuming they match cars in some sort of orderly fashion (I’m not holding my breath).

I've just come off the chat with Feroz on the Tesla website and he has said that according to his notes on the account that my order (Black, Black, aero, ordered May 22nd this year) is expected to be delivered in November. My update from Octopus still says January 2023.

Reactions: Andy Carr
For anyone thats buying via finance just a heads up. I looked on my account and saw my credit offer had expired. The original offer was 3.9% and its currently at 5.9% for new orders.
I spoke to Rachel on tesla chat and she told me not to reapply and that once a delivery date has been arranged finance will be in touch to arrange the finance with the original terms.

For anyone thats buying via finance just a heads up. I looked on my account and saw my credit offer had expired. The original offer was 3.9% and its currently at 5.9% for new orders.
I spoke to Rachel on tesla chat and she told me not to reapply and that once a delivery date has been arranged finance will be in touch to arrange the finance with the original terms.
I had the same conversation with them last week, glad I’m not the only one told not to reapply.

Spoke to Rachel on Tesla chat today, she told me my delivery window is October.

I know it’s not likely being the first month of Q4 but I thought I would let you guys know anyway.
They are just picking random months within your current EDD

I had exact same on a few different occasions. They always use the “subject to change” line for the get out of jail free card.

The truth is they have no idea… but obviously can’t say those exact words