Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha this is what it has come to for us. I am having the same experience!
It has 🤣, it’s very quiet and nothing is happening (my poor reference to kicking a ball about while we wait) … but before we know it we will be at fever pitch looking for VIN numbers in source code and guessing which ship our cars are on. Definitely seeing more EVs and hybrids around lately, my mate has just put in an order for a Toyota hybrid, but I can find nothing that offers the same as a rear wheel drive model 3 Tesla with a lithium iron phosphate battery that is happy to be charged to 100% as often as you like.

Looks the RWD has had a £2.5k price increase this morning, awesome news for us as I guess with the current demand ours will be worth more than we've paid as soon as we drive away!

Interestingly with the price increase and the increase in APR on the Tesla loan the exact same car I ordered would cost another £74 a month more! I think that would have been a deal breaker for me.

Looks the RWD has had a £2.5k price increase this morning, awesome news for us as I guess with the current demand ours will be worth more than we've paid as soon as we drive away!

Interestingly with the price increase and the increase in APR on the Tesla loan the exact same car I ordered would cost another £74 a month more! I think that would have been a deal breaker for me.
Wow

I managed to order just before the first price increase so paying £43k (now over 10% price increase).

I thought that, I would hesitate about paying £48.5k for base model

Yeah when I original set my payments up it came in just under £700 per month, which I had as my limit I was willing to pay monthly. That was on April 10th. Now with the price hike AND the APR increase it comes to whopping £775 a month! It's actually £81 a month more, or £972 a year more!

That is a huge increase in only two months. It is getting harder and harder to justify ordering one to be honest.

Reactions: Millenium101
Hi All, just recently joined the forum and read many posts before doing my own! Ordered my M3 RWD/ White/ 19 inch sport wheels in Early April.
You've all been so informative about keeping track of where we all are and eagerly awaiting Vin's, Reg No.'s and most importantly the delivery date! Checking the app VERY frequently for any updates, current EDD is Nov 25- Jan 9 (Hopefully not the latter!)

I know this question has been asked before, possibly many times, but what accessories are people thinking of buying for their Tesla model 3 RWDs? And do you think you will leave Aero covers on, or opt for wheel nut and bearing cap covers? Personally, I am considering getting the accessory trays for the storage compartment, all weather mats and frunk liner, textile trunk liner, and possibly mud flaps ... all from the Tesla accessory shop I reckon. I think I will be leaving the Aero covers on, for efficiency. Would welcome hearing what others are considering.

I'm gonna take the aero covers off, some nice alloys underneath so would be a shame to hide them. From what I've read removing them will cost about 4% in range, day to day that isn't going to matter to me and I doubt that loss is going to make the difference between having a charging stop or not having one on longer journeys.

Gonna get both the front & rear boot liners and the organisers for the centre console cubbys. I quite like the thought of the matt black badges for the bonnet and boot too, think it would great with the MSM paint.

Reactions: LoneRanger
The only thing I've already bought is the accessory trays for the storage compartment.
The only other things I definitely plan on buying are the all weather matts and a matte screen protector.
I think some of the other accessories I've seen about are pretty tacky (sorry!)
I will be keeping the Aero wheels on. Aside from the slight efficiency gain I think they look pretty cool.

I am considering getting the accessory trays for the storage compartment, all weather mats and frunk liner, textile trunk liner, and possibly mud flaps
The car will come with front mud flaps so you don't need those.
All weather mats make sense but we are getting to the time of year where you may not need them just yet.
Frunk liner - that's going to depend if you use the frunk or not. Personally I only use it very occasionally as it is much more convenient to use the boot.