Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 Rwd / white / black int/ 18 aero wheels.. ordered on 5th feb

Definitely seems to be a bias to lease customers! Spoke to Tesla CC today and got feedback it’s still Q4 for me.

When I asked if there was a reason why direct customers being preferred over lease customers , the CC agent didn’t disagree and said that EDD is based on various factors and all I can do is wait for a text in case a car is assigned !

M3 Rwd / white / black int/ 18 aero wheels.. ordered on 5th feb

Definitely seems to be a bias to lease customers! Spoke to Tesla CC today and got feedback it’s still Q4 for me.

When I asked if there was a reason why direct customers being preferred over lease customers , the CC agent didn’t disagree and said that EDD is based on various factors and all I can do is wait for a text in case a car is assigned !
Similar order date to many with Q3 EDDs for the car spec, but just because we have Q3 EDDs at the moment doesn't necessarily mean much in terms of delivery, it might just mean we could have an earlier Q4 delivery. I would love to know what the various factors were that the TA was referring to, it all seems a bit of a weighted lottery to me. Somebody on a related forum said that MYs have increased in price, not sure of the accuracy of this as a MY has never been on my radar and I don't know when this price increase might have happened. I still think M3 prices will go up soon as I have said before, with inflation, demand and scarce resources ... but also take a look at the pound against the dollar over the last 12 months ... its a one way ticket to oblivion, and Tesla's are of course priced in dollars.

Looks like we are pinning all our hopes on Glovis Sun for a final Q3 delivery to Southampton then (not yet confirmed), according to our maestro Mr Miserable … we should know in a few days where its heading and VINs days or weeks (who knows) after that, but one thing for sure if it is UK-bound we will be in with a chance 🤞

Reactions: Millenium101
You never know. Likewise mine could be pushed back and yours brought forward. Hopefully we can all be Q3!
I’m not sure if it will make any difference or if it would suit anybody else. But when I was on the phone to Tesla last week they asked me if I would be willing to pickup from another location. And they make a note on the account that I will pickup elsewhere. Might help out if there is cancellations

• Helpful
Reactions: Millenium101
It moved to 23-30 September when everyone else’s moved 4 or 5 days ago. I see that there was loads of people receiving vins (appears to be Y customers) so I checked again and noticed there was a slight date change. There’s no hidden VIN anywhere though.
Ah that’s fair enough. I’ll increase my EDD checking frequency today from 10 times an hour to 10 times a minute